Poll/Ann: Desktop Video Externals

Klaus on-rev
Hello friends,

for a some of our projects we developed a couple of externals and we were
wondering if you would eventually be interested, before we put them into the RunRev marketplace
or somewhere else for sale.

Important hint:
I am "only" the programmer of the projects, but NOT for the externals not am I the decisisonmaker,
so do only ask me technical (concerning Livecode, NOT the C code of the externals) questions :-)

OK, here some details...

1. XMediaPlayer (WMP) Windows, 116 KB
This is a "bridge" to DirectX on Windows and lets you play any videoformats supported by WMP.

In case you didn't know there are some free codec collections for Windows which will let you play
more videoformats like MP4, FLV etc. with WMP:
<http://1f0.de/downloads/>
<http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net>

2. XMediaPlayer (VLC) Windows, 105 KB, but requires a folder "plugins" = 40 MB!
For a newer project we needed support for more file formats, so we had this newer DLL developed.
This one uses the VLC libraries and lets you play any VLC supported video files.

We currently only have a Windows version ready of this, but if there is BIG interest we might develop a Mac version, too.

3. XVideoJoiner Mac and Windows, 17 MB

This one does this:
a. Get movie info: Duration in seconds and width/height of a video file

b. Extract one or more movie frames to a JPEG file in any given size.
You can supply one or more times in the video to extract the JPGs from that time.

c. Create a new video file (MP4!) from one (so you could use it as a video-converter!)  or more videofiles in three different qualtities
including the option to add a MP3 as background sound and mixing the mp3 <-> video sound .

This is multithreaded, so the export will work in background and with a callback you can supply a nice progressbar.

If you are intested, please send a mail to: <[hidden email]> with "video external" as the subject and the external you are intested in in the body.
All mails are of course NOT binding to a later purchase!

Thank you for listening :-)

Best

Klaus
--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: Poll/Ann: Desktop Video Externals

Klaus on-rev
Friends,

please, please. please read this (and/or my complete posting) before you send a mail:

> If you are intested, please send a
> mail to: <[hidden email]> with

> "video external" in the SUBJECT

> and the external you are intested in in the BODY

I need to do a quick pre-selection, all other mails will get deleted,
I hope you understand!

Thank you!

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: Poll/Ann: Desktop Video Externals

tbodine
Hi,
I get a "Missing domain" error when I use your form to send the email response.
-- Tom

Re: Poll/Ann: Desktop Video Externals

Klaus on-rev
Hi Tom,

Am 18.10.2012 um 16:36 schrieb tbodine <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
> I get a "Missing domain" error when I use your form to send the email
> response.

what FORM?

> -- Tom

Best

Klaus

tbodine
When I click on <Hidden Email> address in your message, it takes me to a form page. Completing the form and clicking send generates the error. -- Tom

Am 18.10.2012 um 17:04 schrieb tbodine <[hidden email]>:

> When I click on <Hidden Email> address in your message, it takes me to a form
> page. Completing the form and clicking send generates the error. -- Tom

AHA! :-)

Well, this is not MY form but rather NABBLE's form, so I cannot help you there.
Will send you the mail address to your gmail account above now.

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: Poll/Ann: Desktop Video Externals

Klaus on-rev
Hi friends,

Am 17.10.2012 um 14:51 schrieb Klaus on-rev <[hidden email]>:

> 1. XMediaPlayer (WMP) Windows, 116 KB
> 2. XMediaPlayer (VLC) Windows, 105 KB, but requires a folder "plugins" = 40 MB!
> 3. XVideoJoiner Mac and Windows, 17 MB

only 4 (FOUR) replies so far... :-/

Come on folks, if there won't be some more replies my boss won't even consider to publish them in any way,
which would be a real shame! If it helps: You ARE NOT OBLIGED to buy any of them if you reply! :-)

I will try to post the API calls over the weekend, so you can see what this is all about.

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: Poll/Ann: Desktop Video Externals

xtalkprogrammer
Ok, I reply. I would have had a use for them a few years ago. If you make them available, I might pay 50 euro for an external if a similar project ever comes up again.

--
Kind regards,

Mark Schonewille
Economy-x-Talk
Http://economy-x-talk.com

Share the clipboard of your computer over a local network with Clipboard Link http://clipboardlink.economy-x-talk.com

Op 19 okt. 2012 om 16:57 heeft Klaus on-rev <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:

> Hi friends,
>
> Am 17.10.2012 um 14:51 schrieb Klaus on-rev <[hidden email]>:

>> 1. XMediaPlayer (WMP) Windows, 116 KB
>> 2. XMediaPlayer (VLC) Windows, 105 KB, but requires a folder "plugins" = 40 MB!
>> 3. XVideoJoiner Mac and Windows, 17 MB
>
> only 4 (FOUR) replies so far... :-/
>
> Come on folks, if there won't be some more replies my boss won't even consider to publish them in any way,
> which would be a real shame! If it helps: You ARE NOT OBLIGED to buy any of them if you reply! :-)
>
> I will try to post the API calls over the weekend, so you can see what this is all about.
>

> Best
>
> Klaus
>
> --
> Klaus Major
> http://www.major-k.de

Kind regards,

Drs. Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Re: Poll/Ann: Desktop Video Externals

Klaus on-rev
Hi friends,

Am 17.10.2012 um 14:51 schrieb Klaus on-rev <[hidden email]>:

> Hello friends,

is this a problem for you?
> If you are intested, please send a mail to: <[hidden email]>
> with "video external" as the subject
> and the external you are intested in in the body.

Thanks!

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: Poll/Ann: Desktop Video Externals

xtalkprogrammer
Klaus, do you mean me (quoting would be useful)? I can forward my e-mail when I get home in an hour.

--
Kind regards,

Mark Schonewille
Economy-x-Talk
Http://economy-x-talk.com

Share the clipboard of your computer over a local network with Clipboard Link http://clipboardlink.economy-x-talk.com

Op 19 okt. 2012 om 17:43 heeft Klaus on-rev <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:

KvK: 50277553

Re: Poll/Ann: Desktop Video Externals

Klaus on-rev
Hi Mark,

Am 19.10.2012 um 17:54 schrieb Mark Schonewille <[hidden email]>:

> Klaus, do you mean me (quoting would be useful)?

You are not alone, so I did not quote anyone! :-)

> I can forward my e-mail when I get home in an hour.

Yes please, thank you!