Polly's gone, or at least she's hiding in 8.1.4

Polly's gone, or at least she's hiding in 8.1.4

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
Mac OS 10.7.8

Object/New Control/Polygon Graphic produces nothing.

Not funny.

Re: Polly's gone, or at least she's hiding in 8.1.4

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
Ah: this does create a graphic object which is invisible, and the only
way to make it visible is to
set it to some other type of graphic (reactangle, regular polygon).

This won't do.

Richmond.

On 7/4/17 7:07 pm, Richmond Mathewson wrote:
> Mac OS 10.7.8
>
> Object/New Control/Polygon Graphic produces nothing.
>
> Not funny.
>
> Richmond.

Re: Polly's gone, or at least she's hiding in 8.1.4

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
It is odd that the menu item is there. It fails because that kind of control isn’t added by dragging from the tool palette, you have to create it with many mouse clicks. If it did make a control, what would it look like?

If you think you’ve added polygon graphics in the past, could it be that you had chosen Regular Polygon Graphic?

On 7/4/17 8:18 pm, Colin Holgate via use-livecode wrote:
> It is odd that the menu item is there. It fails because that kind of control isn’t added by dragging from the tool palette, you have to create it with many mouse clicks. If it did make a control, what would it look like?
>
> If you think you’ve added polygon graphics in the past, could it be that you had chosen Regular Polygon Graphic?
No: because I just revisited 7.1.4 and added a (n irregular) polygon
graphic:

go and try it yourself.

Richmond.

>> On Jul 4, 2017, at 9:11 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Ah: this does create a graphic object which is invisible, and the only way to make it visible is to
>> set it to some other type of graphic (reactangle, regular polygon).
>>
>> This won't do.
>>
>> Richmond.
>>
>> On 7/4/17 7:07 pm, Richmond Mathewson wrote:
>>> Mac OS 10.7.8
>>>
>>> Object/New Control/Polygon Graphic produces nothing.
>>>
>>> Not funny.
>>>
>>> Richmond.

Re: Polly's gone, or at least she's hiding in 8.1.4

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
Yes, I see. It seems that LiveCode 8 and 9 create a polygon with Points of -32768,-32768. A not very interest, far off dot.

> On Jul 4, 2017, at 10:57 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On 7/4/17 8:18 pm, Colin Holgate via use-livecode wrote:
>> It is odd that the menu item is there. It fails because that kind of control isn’t added by dragging from the tool palette, you have to create it with many mouse clicks. If it did make a control, what would it look like?
>>
>> If you think you’ve added polygon graphics in the past, could it be that you had chosen Regular Polygon Graphic?
> No: because I just revisited 7.1.4 and added a (n irregular) polygon graphic:
>
> go and try it yourself.
>
> Richmond.
>

>>> On Jul 4, 2017, at 9:11 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Ah: this does create a graphic object which is invisible, and the only way to make it visible is to
>>> set it to some other type of graphic (reactangle, regular polygon).
>>>
>>> This won't do.
>>>
>>> Richmond.

Re: Polly's gone, or at least she's hiding in 8.1.4

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
There's a fairly rude phrase one could use about that sort of polygon.

But it would be a far, far better thing if that were sorted out to the
state it was in 7.1.4.

Richmond.

On 7/4/17 9:31 pm, Colin Holgate via use-livecode wrote:

> Yes, I see. It seems that LiveCode 8 and 9 create a polygon with Points of -32768,-32768. A not very interest, far off dot.
>
>> On Jul 4, 2017, at 10:57 AM, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> On 7/4/17 8:18 pm, Colin Holgate via use-livecode wrote:
>>> It is odd that the menu item is there. It fails because that kind of control isn’t added by dragging from the tool palette, you have to create it with many mouse clicks. If it did make a control, what would it look like?
>>>
>>> If you think you’ve added polygon graphics in the past, could it be that you had chosen Regular Polygon Graphic?
>> No: because I just revisited 7.1.4 and added a (n irregular) polygon graphic:
>>
>> go and try it yourself.
>>
>> Richmond.

Re: Polly's gone, or at least she's hiding in 8.1.4

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
BUG report 19998