Preserving Detailed Field Content

dunbarx via use-livecode
I have a multiple line field with some lines of different color and strikeout textStyle. If I set the custom property, the cContent, of that field to the field itself, the textColor and TextStyle of each line is lost. Is there a simple way to capture the contents of a field with varied textColor and textStyle preserved?

Sorry if this sounds confusing.

Thanks very much,

Roger

Re: Preserving Detailed Field Content

dunbarx via use-livecode
Hi Roger,

> Am 26.01.2018 um 16:56 schrieb Roger Guay via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> I have a multiple line field with some lines of different color and strikeout textStyle. If I set the custom property, the cContent, of that field to the field itself, the textColor and TextStyle of each line is lost. Is there a simple way to capture the contents of a field with varied textColor and textStyle preserved?
>
> Sorry if this sounds confusing.

it doesn't! :-)

Just set the custom property to the HTMLTEXT of the field!
And restore THAT later.

> Thanks very much,
>
> Roger

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

RE: Preserving Detailed Field Content

dunbarx via use-livecode
Roger,

The htmltext will preserve all of that.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
[hidden email]

Re: Preserving Detailed Field Content

dunbarx via use-livecode
Get and set the rtftext of the field.

Bob S

> On Jan 26, 2018, at 07:56 , Roger Guay via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have a multiple line field with some lines of different color and strikeout textStyle. If I set the custom property, the cContent, of that field to the field itself, the textColor and TextStyle of each line is lost. Is there a simple way to capture the contents of a field with varied textColor and textStyle preserved?
>
> Sorry if this sounds confusing.
>
> Thanks very much,
>
> Roger

Re: Preserving Detailed Field Content

dunbarx via use-livecode
And thanks to you too, Bob.

> On Jan 26, 2018, at 9:00 AM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Get and set the rtftext of the field.
>
> Bob S
>

>> On Jan 26, 2018, at 07:56 , Roger Guay via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I have a multiple line field with some lines of different color and strikeout textStyle. If I set the custom property, the cContent, of that field to the field itself, the textColor and TextStyle of each line is lost. Is there a simple way to capture the contents of a field with varied textColor and textStyle preserved?
>>
>> Sorry if this sounds confusing.
>>
>> Thanks very much,
>>
>> Roger

Re: Preserving Detailed Field Content

dunbarx via use-livecode
Don’t mean to clutter this list, but I want to be sure to thank Ralph and Klaus and Bob for responses within 5 minutes of my posting.

What a great resource this list is!!

Roger