Printing is hell

Christian Langers

Hi everyone,

Is it just me or...

I'm on a windows machine with Rev 2.6 , creating a stack which has the dimension to fill a
A4-page, creating an image object or importing an img or creating a text field with a
border, placing these anywhere on the stack (here first cd) and then telling Rev to print
the stack gives me the result that the top line of the image/fld/graphic is missing ?????

It has not been printed ?

Why ?

Is this related to the printer ? (printermargins do matter here...)

When I print the stack via a "PDFCreator", a PDF-document is created which, printed out
with Adobe Reader, has no problems...

I don't know...

Christian

Re: Printing is hell

Sarah Reichelt
> I'm on a windows machine with Rev 2.6 , creating a stack which has
> the dimension to fill a
> A4-page, creating an image object or importing an img or creating a
> text field with a
> border, placing these anywhere on the stack (here first cd) and
> then telling Rev to print
> the stack gives me the result that the top line of the image/fld/
> graphic is missing ?????
>
> It has not been printed ?
>
> Why ?
>
> Is this related to the printer ? (printermargins do matter here...)
>
> When I print the stack via a "PDFCreator", a PDF-document is
> created which, printed out
> with Adobe Reader, has no problems...

PDFCreator is effectively a virtual printer i.e. your Rev app is
printing to it as if it was a real printer. If that works OK, then I
would guess it is a printer problem. Try making sure that your
printer drivers are up-to-date and check what the effective print
size of your printer is.

One point that I found confusing is that when you get the
printPaperSize, this INCLUDES the printMargins. If I go to page setup
& choose A4 portrait on my printer, I get a printPaperSize of
595,842. The printMargins are 72,72,72,72 so the width of printing I
can use is not 595 but 595 - 72 - 72 or 451 pixels.

For testing purposes, I make a stack that I think is the correct size
and draw a rectangle around the edges of the stack. Then I print
preview this, adjusting the size until it all fits on the page. Don't
include the printMargins in your stack size - make it the size of the
available print area.

HTH,
Sarah

Re: Printing is hell

Christian Langers
hello Sarah,

>> PDFCreator is effectively a virtual printer i.e. your Rev app is
>> printing to it as if it was a real printer. If that works OK, then
>> I would guess it is a printer problem

Well, printing to the virtual Printer gives me satisfaction : the
produced pdf-file, when printed out on the same printer, has no
problems ???

That's why I'm confused, and I think that there is a problem with the
REv-app...

I did not try it on other machines, so I can't really tell if it's
specific to the machine I use in my classroom (XP)...

At home, on my Mac, everything's ok.... Perhaps, it's a Win related
problem ?

Any ideas ?

Christian