Printing one card on multiple pages

Hershel Fisch
Hi I have a long fld I'd need to break it up into a few pages, how do I do
it ?
Thanks, Hershel

Re: Printing one card on multiple pages

Dan Shafer
Hershel....

It's not as easy as it should be.

You have two values to deal with. One is the formattedHeight of the
field. The other is the height of the field.

As explained to me by Chipp Walters as part of my research into
printing for my eBook on Basic Printing in Rev:

1. Put the text into the field.
2. If the formattedHeight is equal to or less than the height, you're
done.
3. If not, go to the end of the text and start deleting lines or
paragraphs or whatever you choose, each time checking formattedHeight
against height.
4. When they match or formattedHeight is smaller than the field
height, you can lop off the portion that fit into the field, create a
new card with that field in a background group, put the remaining
text into the field and start over again.

Ugly, eh?

Dan