Private Repo Services

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
Github is nice, but all your repos have to be public in order to be free.
I went looking for private ones (because there are things you just can't do
without a remote repo, and I don't want all my code in the open)

So far I've found two:
1) Github - $7/month
2) Google - free, but it's more complicated to get set up, and they have
quotas.  I have had no trouble getting an increase, but I'm sure there are
limits to their generosity

Does anyone know of others?

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: Private Repo Services

On 2017-04-03 13:44, Mike Kerner via use-livecode wrote:

> Github is nice, but all your repos have to be public in order to be
> free.
> I went looking for private ones (because there are things you just
> can't do
> without a remote repo, and I don't want all my code in the open)
>
> So far I've found two:
> 1) Github - $7/month
> 2) Google - free, but it's more complicated to get set up, and they
> have
> quotas.  I have had no trouble getting an increase, but I'm sure there
> are
> limits to their generosity
>
> Does anyone know of others?

Atlassian Bitbucket is free (as far as I can tell!) for small teams - I
don't know if there are any usage limits, but it certainly seems more
than sufficient for my personal use.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps

Re: Private Repo Services

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
Crap.  I didn't think of BitBucket.

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 7:55 AM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2017-04-03 13:44, Mike Kerner via use-livecode wrote:
>
>> Github is nice, but all your repos have to be public in order to be free.
>> I went looking for private ones (because there are things you just can't
>> do
>> without a remote repo, and I don't want all my code in the open)
>>
>> So far I've found two:
>> 1) Github - $7/month
>> 2) Google - free, but it's more complicated to get set up, and they have
>> quotas.  I have had no trouble getting an increase, but I'm sure there are
>> limits to their generosity
>>
>> Does anyone know of others?
>>

> Atlassian Bitbucket is free (as far as I can tell!) for small teams - I
> don't know if there are any usage limits, but it certainly seems more than
> sufficient for my personal use.
>
> Warmest Regards,
>
> Mark.
>
> --
> Mark Waddingham ~ [hidden email] ~ http://www.livecode.com/
> LiveCode: Everyone can create apps

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: Private Repo Services

pink
I'm a fan of GitLab, you can host your own or use their service for free.

See:
https://about.gitlab.com/products/
---
Greg (pink) Miller
mad, pink and dangerous to code

Re: Private Repo Services

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
And I didn't read far enough right on gitlab, either.  When I was looking
at it, I misread the left side, which is for me hosting, not for them
hosting.