Problem after putting executable into installer

Problem after putting executable into installer

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
My app works fine when I run it. But, if I put it into an installer (using Inno) and then install it, the app won't launch. It says it has a problem loading an external.

Does anyone have suggestions on where I should look for debugging?

I am including both the revsecurity dll and the externals folder in the setup, and I have used inno before with success.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Problem after putting executable into installer

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
I figured it out, putting in the answer for future use.

We have to modify the inno script for including the externals folder. After using the wizard, we need to add "\Externals" after "{app}" in the line that tells it to include the externals folder. Otherwise, it will add the externals folder contents directly into the same folder as the app.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 21, 2017, at 3:25 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> My app works fine when I run it. But, if I put it into an installer (using Inno) and then install it, the app won't launch. It says it has a problem loading an external.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions on where I should look for debugging?
>
> I am including both the revsecurity dll and the externals folder in the setup, and I have used inno before with success.
>
> Thanks
>
> Sent from my iPhone

AW: Problem after putting executable into installer

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Did you check, if inno has installed the external folder at the same place
and with the same content (after executing inno), as your standalone builder
has done it?
Tiemo

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----