Problem downloading engine for Mac OS fat and Mac OS 68k

Problem downloading engine for Mac OS fat and Mac OS 68k

Thomas von Fintel
I try to build a standalone for various platforms. When I check Mac OS
fat and Mac OS 68k in "Standalone Application Settings" dialog, Rev 2.6
offers to download the engines but soon says "Problem downloading
engine". The engines I manually downloaded from ftp.runrev.com
(pub/revolution/downloads/engines) get unstuffed to files MacOSfat.dir
and MacOS68k.dir, that are not recognized as valid engines.

Where do I get usable engines?

Thanks in advance
Thomas

Re: Problem downloading engine for Mac OS fat and Mac OS 68k

J. Landman Gay
Thomas von Fintel wrote:
> I try to build a standalone for various platforms. When I check Mac OS
> fat and Mac OS 68k in "Standalone Application Settings" dialog, Rev 2.6
> offers to download the engines but soon says "Problem downloading
> engine". The engines I manually downloaded from ftp.runrev.com
> (pub/revolution/downloads/engines) get unstuffed to files MacOSfat.dir
> and MacOS68k.dir, that are not recognized as valid engines.
>
> Where do I get usable engines?

There aren't yet any 2.6 classic engines, but you can use the ones you
have already downloaded. These are stored in a special format so that
they don't lose the resource fork that OS 9 requires. Put the engine
downloads into the defaultfolder (whch is usually the Rev distribiution
folder) and then type this into the message box:

revDecompress "<downloaded filename here>",defaultfolder

Don't decompress them with StuffIt or anything first, just leave them as
you got them when they were downloaded. The above command will
decompress the engines into the default folder and give you a usable
engine. Move it to the "components/engines" folder and it should work.