Problem with code-signing certificate

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Hi everyone,

I bought a comodo certificate through ksoftware and I used their kSign software to sign the install file.

But, as soon as I do that, the software no longer launches in a visible form. From Task Manager, I can see that the installer is running, but as a background process. No windows become visible.

This is on a pc with windows 8.

Has anyone ever encountered this before?

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Problem with code-signing certificate

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Hi Jonathan,

> Am 30.04.2017 um 18:26 schrieb Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I bought a comodo certificate through ksoftware and I used their kSign software to sign the install file.
>
> But, as soon as I do that, the software no longer launches in a visible form. From Task Manager, I can see that the installer is running, but as a background process. No windows become visible.

What Installer are you speaking about?

What LC Version are you using? I could test here with one of my apps.

Regards,

Matthias

> This is on a pc with windows 8.
>
> Has anyone ever encountered this before?
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Matthias Rebbe
Bramkampsieke 13
32312 Lübbecke
Tel +49 5741 310000
    +49 160 5504462
Fax: +49 5741 310002
eMail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

BR5 Konverter - BR5 -> MP3 <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/portfolio/produkte/brx/>

Re: Problem with code-signing certificate

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
It appears to be an issue with the file I created with installforge.

Digitally signing the exe created in LC did not cause problems.

I am having my doubts about installforge anyway. My 13m executable goes up to 40m when incorporated into an installforge exe file.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 30, 2017, at 2:02 PM, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Jonathan,
>

>> Am 30.04.2017 um 18:26 schrieb Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I bought a comodo certificate through ksoftware and I used their kSign software to sign the install file.
>>
>> But, as soon as I do that, the software no longer launches in a visible form. From Task Manager, I can see that the installer is running, but as a background process. No windows become visible.
>>
> What Installer are you speaking about?
>
> What LC Version are you using? I could test here with one of my apps.
>
> Regards,
>
> Matthias
>

>> This is on a pc with windows 8.
>>
>> Has anyone ever encountered this before?
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>
> Matthias Rebbe
> Bramkampsieke 13
> 32312 Lübbecke
> Tel    +49 5741 310000
>        +49 160 5504462
> Fax: +49 5741 310002
> eMail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>
> BR5 Konverter - BR5 -> MP3 <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/portfolio/produkte/brx/>

Re: Problem with code-signing certificate

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
I downloaded innosetup to create the installer.

It works with digital certificate. It also produces a smaller file than installforge (31m)

Sent from my iPhone