Problem with standalone built with Rev 2.6 ?

Problem with standalone built with Rev 2.6 ?

Alex Tweedly

This is all on Win XP.

I have a stack, and built from it a standalone. When I run this (on any
of 3 Win-XP machines), I regularly get a fatal error
  <app name> has encountered an error and needs to close
  (Please send an error report to Microsoft)

This usually happens within the first 2 minutes or so - and I've never
got more than 5 minutes without crashing.

When I build the same app under 2.5 it is (apparently) ok.  I say
apparently because I've only run it for 10 - 15 minutes; so it's
possible that if I keep running it for longer, I'd see problems - but it
certainly seems to be fine. (A slightly earlier version of the stack,
built under 2.5, has been run for hours - but I have modified the stack
slightly since then).

This is just a first warning that there might be a problem. I'm going to
go off and submit a BZ report on this, and mark it as serious. Is there
anything I could, or should, do to help debug it or to find a work-around ?

(If anyone would like to build a copy and see if it fails for you, the
stacks can be downloaded from
 www.tweedly.net/RunRev/CribbageGame.zip
it decompresses into three stacks - Cribbage.rev is the one to run / build).

btw -as a game,  it (should) run just fine, but isn't quite ready for
announcement in general because the UI is a bit unpolished, and it's
still way too easy to beat the computer.

--
Alex Tweedly       http://www.tweedly.net

Tables: Number of Columns?

Russell Martin
How do you specify the number of columns that you want in a table
object? I've been playing around with this and reading the
documentation and I can't seem to change the default of 3 columns
that I got just by dragging the control onto the window. Also, does
anyone know of a good resource for learning how to use table fields?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Tables: Number of Columns?

Eric Chatonet
Hi Russell,

At the moment, table fields do not work as we could expect with Rev.
But many things can be done with them that you take care of some
undocumented features.
You might be interested in the "How to Manage Table Fields" tutorial
accessible with Tutorials Picker.
You will find Tutorials Picker on Rev Online - user: So Smart Software.

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.

Le 17 juil. 05 à 22:20, Russell Martin a écrit :

> How do you specify the number of columns that you want in a table
> object? I've been playing around with this and reading the
> documentation and I can't seem to change the default of 3 columns
> that I got just by dragging the control onto the window. Also, does
> anyone know of a good resource for learning how to use table fields?

So Smart Software