Problems with Xcode

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problems with Xcode

Martin Meili
Hi there
I hope somebody of you pros can help me:

What is wrong here?

When trying putting together my app for my iphone 4 by the help of „Save as Standalone application……“ there’s popping up the message: „linking for arm (arm7) failed with xcrun: error: active developer  path („Applications/Xcode2.app/Contents/Developer“) does not exist, use xcode-select to change“.
If I look at the package contents of Xcode so I can find this missing folder „Developer“; but inside there, there must be missing something ………

iMac 3.06 Ghz
OSX 10.9.5
Xcode 6.2

LiveCode 7.1.3
Settings „Mobile Support": green square / Available device SDKs: 8.2 / Available simulators 8.2



My little game-app is running without any problems in the iOS 8.2. Simulator, but when creating the standalone ……

Martin

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problems with Xcode

Dave Kilroy
Hi Martin, I notice from your error message that LiveCode is trying to connect to Xcode2.app, is that what you have called your copy of Xcode 6.2 or is that an older version of Xcode on your system?

Sometimes the path to Xcode does not get updated in LiveCode's 'mobile support' preferences and that can produce errors similar to yours...

First thing to try is to remove references to Xcode completely in LiveCode's preferences pane, exit and restart LiveCode and enter the path to the correct version of Xcode - follow that with a test build

If that doesn't work and you are comfortable with terminal then open terminal and type "xcode-select -p" (without the quote marks) - this should give you the system-wide default path to Xcode assets - if it points to the wrong version then you can reset it by entering "sudo xcode-select -switch /path/to/this/xcode/version" (swapping out "/path/to/this/xcode/version" with the path to the version of Xcode you want to use)

BTW I used the differentiate and store old versions of Xcode by renaming the Xcode app file, but I've had no more trouble since I instead made version numbered folders for them (within the Applications folder) so that each version of the app is still called "Xcode.app"

Please note: the above terminal commands worked for me, and I got them from a LiveCode staff member ages ago - but I know very little about terminal so I offer those snippets with NO GUARANTEE WHATSOEVER which is why I suggest only those who know what they are doing in terminal use them

Best of luck!

Dave
"The first 90% of the task takes 90% of the time, and the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time."
Peter M. Brigham