Property Inspector, Text Formatting, Text style ->Plain Button?

Property Inspector, Text Formatting, Text style ->Plain Button?

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
Hi,

just noticed again that in the property inspector under text formating there is not the “plain” button/icon anymore to set the text to plain. In LC 6 this button is still there.

Is this a bug or are there reasons why this button is not there anymore?

What do you think?

Regards,

Matthias

Re: Property Inspector, Text Formatting, Text style ->Plain Button?

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
I mentioned a day or two ago that the bit of the property inspector that does all the actual dirty work is a tree widget! I think when RunRev switched over to using a tree widget, they lost other functionality in the bargain.

Not that the functionality HAD to be lost, but I think they just rewrote the property manager altogether, and got it to a certain level of functionality. It may help to think of the new property manager as a completely different animal, and then develop as such.

I am at a point where I think I will look into how widgets are made and registered, so I can get into the nuts and bolts of how the engine communicates with them.

Bob S