Query Input Form

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Has anyone put together a query input form, that can take simple input from a user, like:
customers.customername is/is not/is greater than/is less than/is like <value> AND/OR
<next condition> AND/OR
<next condition> ...

and then build an sql query for it?

Re: Query Input Form

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Using a data grid? Or a chain of pop-ups selectors?

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 08:00 Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Has anyone put together a query input form, that can take simple input
> from a user, like:
> customers.customername is/is not/is greater than/is less than/is like
> <value> AND/OR
> <next condition> AND/OR
> <next condition> ...
>
> and then build an sql query for it?

Stephen Barncard - Sebastopol Ca. USA -
mixstream.org

Re: Query Input Form

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 10:00 AM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Has anyone put together a query input form, that can take simple input
> from a user, like:
> customers.customername is/is not/is greater than/is less than/is like
> <value> AND/OR
> <next condition> AND/OR
> <next condition> ...
>
> and then build an sql query for it?

Bob,

If you are using SQL Yoga with this project then Scopes will make the SQL
Query part very straightforward. You would create a scope for each
condition and then add the scope to the SQL Query object based on the user
input in the form. SQL Yoga will generate the WHERE clause using any scopes
that have been added to the SQL Query object.

http://revolution.screenstepslive.com/s/revolution/m/sqlyoga_sampleapp/l/6637-defining-scopes-to-make-aggregating-search-filters-easier

--
Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps

Re: Query Input Form

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Thanks Trevor. I was actually looking for a Livecode stack/card that already had the objects and code for adding/deleting conditions for the search. I want to upgrade my Forms Generator reporting to be like Crystal Reports, so that I could have a card where the user enters a customer searching by name or ID, a site by name or ID or address or city, a device or list of devices installed on, before, after or within a date range etc. Right now I have the user load all that data into an interface and manually select the  items they want from a series of datagrids, but this isn't very intuitive to my mind. The coding that converts the SQL queries into sqlYoga I can grok well enough.

I can build the interface myself, but I'm lazy, and someone else would probably do a better and cleaner job than me. And I wouldn't mind paying a fee for it either.

Bob S