Question about script-only stacks

Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode
There seems a lot of hype recently about script-only stacks.
I agree that they are cool vor GIT and work perfectly, but
it came to my mind - how are you go about it when you want to
protect your scripts.

Are they also encrypted by a password when you compile a stack,
and if not what would be the best way to d it ?

Cheers
Rolf

Re: Question about script-only stacks

Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode
On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 6:16 AM Rolf Kocherhans via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> There seems a lot of hype recently about script-only stacks.
> I agree that they are cool vor GIT and work perfectly, but
> it came to my mind - how are you go about it when you want to
> protect your scripts.
>
> Are they also encrypted by a password when you compile a stack,
> and if not what would be the best way to d it ?

You would need to convert the script only stacks to regular stacks and set
the password when you deploy your app.

The Levure framework packager will perform this conversion for you when you
build standalones with it. This gives you the benefit of source control
while you develop but password protection when you distribute.

Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps