Question for Linux Users:

Rishi Viner
Linux users,

What distro do you find works best with Rev?

Do you find it works better with a KDE or GNOME desktop?

I'm getting a lot of annoying things happening like:
-cut/copy/paste just doesn't work
-keyboard interaction in Rev is sometimes flaky (eg sometimes when writing
scripts the enter key stops working, so you can't get a new line).

So I was wondering if there are Linux users out there who are having a
perfect/smooth/functional experience with Rev and if so, what environment
they are in that seems to keep it all nice.

Thanks!

--
Rishi Viner
PUREDATA

www.puredata.com.au

Re: Question for Linux Users:

Damien Girard
Le Jeudi 21 juillet 2005 à 11:28 +1000, Rishi Viner a écrit :

> Linux users,
>
> What distro do you find works best with Rev?
>
> Do you find it works better with a KDE or GNOME desktop?
>
> I'm getting a lot of annoying things happening like:
> -cut/copy/paste just doesn't work
> -keyboard interaction in Rev is sometimes flaky (eg sometimes when writing
> scripts the enter key stops working, so you can't get a new line).
>
> So I was wondering if there are Linux users out there who are having a
> perfect/smooth/functional experience with Rev and if so, what environment
> they are in that seems to keep it all nice.
>
> Thanks!

There are problems with all distro, (I have tried with
Debian,RedHat,Mandrake,Suse).

And Runrev work better with the Gnome Desktop (but is it not very good).
I have tried with XFCE and runrev work a bit better than Gnome.

Please, go to http://support.runrev.com/bugzilla (or use RevZilla) and
confirm bugs that I have reported about the Linux engine.

And I have never had a perfect/smooth/functional experience with Rev
under Linux/Unix. (I have got FreeBSD now, and Runrev doesn't work at
all).

So, I am waiting the perfect "Revolution Linux/Unix" who work so good as
work Runrev under MacOS X.

Damien Girard

Re: Question for Linux Users:

Rishi Viner
Hi Damien,

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 05:45 pm, you wrote:
> Please, go to http://support.runrev.com/bugzilla (or use RevZilla) and
> confirm bugs that I have reported about the Linux engine.

OK, will do. I have looked at a few of the Linux bugs there now and found one
relating to Klipper under KDE (clipboard manager tool). I turned Klipper off
and bingo - cut/copy/paste now works with Rev! (_Such_ a relief...).

> And I have never had a perfect/smooth/functional experience with Rev
> under Linux/Unix. (I have got FreeBSD now, and Runrev doesn't work at
> all).

I'm running SuSE 9.2 Pro with KDE 3.4.

> So, I am waiting the perfect "Revolution Linux/Unix" who work so good as
> work Runrev under MacOS X.

I agree, wouldn't that be great! Best of both worlds. I guess Linux users are
in the minority, but we do pay the same price to buy Rev...

Cheers,

--
Rishi Viner
PUREDATA