Question on Geometry

Charles Hartman
Is there a tutorial or overview of "Geometry" settings somewhere?

Meanwhile I'm doing the old Try It & See. I've got a card with a
field and a button (not grouped). If I set the Geometry of the field
to "scale" and that of the button to "position", the combination
doesn't stick. Apparently the two are tied together.

That makes logical internal sense (the geometries of several items on
a card are interdependent), but it doesn't make any sense from a UI
standpoint. If the user resizes the card, it will be to make the
field bigger, but making the button bigger just looks silly. What am
I missing?

Charles Hartman
Professor of English, Poet in Residence
Connecticut College
[hidden email]
*the Scandroid* is at cherry.conncoll.edu/cohar/Programs

Re: Question on Geometry

Eric Chatonet
Hi Charles,

You are a lucky man: I released 3 days ago a tutorial about geometry:

Le 7 juil. 05 à 14:29, Charles Hartman a écrit :

> Is there a tutorial or overview of "Geometry" settings somewhere?
>
> Meanwhile I'm doing the old Try It & See. I've got a card with a
> field and a button (not grouped). If I set the Geometry of the
> field to "scale" and that of the button to "position", the
> combination doesn't stick. Apparently the two are tied together.
>
> That makes logical internal sense (the geometries of several items
> on a card are interdependent), but it doesn't make any sense from a
> UI standpoint. If the user resizes the card, it will be to make the
> field bigger, but making the button bigger just looks silly. What
> am I missing?

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software