Quicktime error solved (QTCF.dll not found)

Quicktime error solved (QTCF.dll not found)

Alejandro Tejada
Hi All,

Just in case that you found that many programs
show warnings about a missing QTCF.dll after
installing Quicktime.

The solution is simple:
copy this dll file from:
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem
C:\WINDOWS\system32

Looks like the most recent Quicktime installer
put this dll ONLY in his own Program folder, but
some programs expect to find it on the System folder.

Al

AW: Quicktime error solved (QTCF.dll not found)

Tiemo Hollmann TB
I have seen this error too on some customer computers. A QT reinstall solved
it. So it seemed to me, that there is a deinstall or other routine of any
other prog, who takes this dll with it when deinstalling. Or perhaps it's
just a failed install of QT.
Tiemo

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

Re: AW: Quicktime error solved (QTCF.dll not found)

Alejandro Tejada
Hi Tiemo,

Tiemo Hollmann TB wrote
I have seen this error too on some customer computers. A QT reinstall solved
it. So it seemed to me, that there is a deinstall or other routine of any
other prog, who takes this dll with it when deinstalling. Or perhaps it's
just a failed install of QT.
Actually, Quicktime Player and iTunes works fine after instalation.
No warnings, no errors. It's only other programs that shows this error.
A full Disk search showed that QTCF.dll ONLY appeared inside
the QuickTime application folder.

Al

AW: AW: Quicktime error solved (QTCF.dll not found)

Tiemo Hollmann TB
Yes I know