RE setProp question

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
Thanks for the replies about may setProp question a little while back. But no-one game me any info about the annoying problem I raised concerning windows under LC9 and it’s driving me nuts.

To recap: new stacks (but not old stacks)  and some engine windows such as for scripts and the dictionary open up with a second title bar just under the main one. The bar gives no extra information and apart from wasting space the only purpose seems to be to provide a way to iconise the window when it is dragged, reducing the window to a small square and then redisplaying it in sometimes strange places, like offscreen, and sometimes expanded to fill the whole screen with the bottom below the Mac dock so it is not resizable. I hadn’t noticed it in a dp release of LC9 so I presume it is an “enhancement” in LC9.0.1; the stacks display as usual under LC8 [The question marks which will replace my quotes around the word enhancement are entirely appropriate].

So maybe you all see it. But does it really behave for you as it does for me — every time the window opens it appears further up the screen by the width of the bar, and soon the top of the window disappears under the Mac menu bar, and so  becomes uncloseable. With a small script in the 4DDevo tool I can now reposition and resize it with a single click but it remains a major annoyance when trying to manage screen real estate on a laptop. Surely there is a way to turn this thing off. Grrr!

Re: RE setProp question

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
I believe this is an OS feature and not LiveCode. Mac added the ability to “stack” windows which displays as a second title bar (which is tabs when multiple are stacked). I don’t have one of the new versions that have this feature, so I am not sure how to disable it.

Thanks,
Brian