RELEASE: LiveCode 6.0.2

Benjamin Beaumont
Dear User List,

We're pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 6.0.2. The installers can
be found here:

http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/6_0_2/
http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/server/6_0_2/

This is a maintenance release containing the following bug fixes:

10936 - Android SDK Path not recognised in Preferences - Mobile Support
10895 - Non-public API usage - Apps are not permitted to access the UDID
10916 - Script corruption

Warm regards,

The LiveCode team

Benjamin Beaumont . RunRev Ltd

LiveCode Product Manager
mail : 25a Thistle Street Lane South West, Edinburgh, EH2 1EW
email : [hidden email]
company : +44(0) 845 219 89 23
fax : +44(0) 845 458 8487
web : www.runrev.com

LiveCode - Unleash Your Killer App

Re: RELEASE: LiveCode 6.0.2

Richmond Mathewson-2
On 06/04/2013 06:07 PM, Benjamin Beaumont wrote:

> Dear User List,
>
> We're pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 6.0.2. The installers can
> be found here:
>
> http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/6_0_2/
> http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/server/6_0_2/
>
> This is a maintenance release containing the following bug fixes:
>
> 10936 - Android SDK Path not recognised in Preferences - Mobile Support
> 10895 - Non-public API usage - Apps are not permitted to access the UDID
> 10916 - Script corruption
>
> Warm regards,
>
> The LiveCode team

> Benjamin Beaumont . RunRev Ltd
>
> LiveCode Product Manager
> mail : 25a Thistle Street Lane South West, Edinburgh, EH2 1EW
> email : [hidden email]
> company : +44(0) 845 219 89 23
> fax : +44(0) 845 458 8487
> web : www.runrev.com
>
> LiveCode - Unleash Your Killer App

Jolly good . . .

. . . Except it still wants online registration . . .

Re: RELEASE: LiveCode 6.0.2

Stephen Barncard-4
No online registration for the COMMUNITY SERVER !  not practical, probably.

Like I said, this is a big "^*&^*" deal !

Seems to work fine so far.

freedom is a wonderful thing.

sqb

> Jolly good . . .
>
> . . . Except it still wants online registration . . .

Stephen Barncard
San Francisco Ca. USA

more about sqb  <http://www.google.com/profiles/sbarncar>

Re: RELEASE: LiveCode 6.0.2

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D
Hi Ben,

when will LC Server 6.02 commercial be released?

Regards,

Matthias

Am 04.06.2013 um 17:07 schrieb Benjamin Beaumont <[hidden email]>:

> Dear User List,
>
> We're pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 6.0.2. The installers can
> be found here:
>
> http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/6_0_2/
> http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/server/6_0_2/
>
> This is a maintenance release containing the following bug fixes:
>
> 10936 - Android SDK Path not recognised in Preferences - Mobile Support
> 10895 - Non-public API usage - Apps are not permitted to access the UDID
> 10916 - Script corruption
>
> Warm regards,
>
> The LiveCode team

> Benjamin Beaumont . RunRev Ltd
>
> LiveCode Product Manager
> mail : 25a Thistle Street Lane South West, Edinburgh, EH2 1EW
> email : [hidden email]
> company : +44(0) 845 219 89 23
> fax : +44(0) 845 458 8487
> web : www.runrev.com
>
> LiveCode - Unleash Your Killer App

Re: RELEASE: LiveCode 6.0.2

Stephen Barncard-4
what would be the difference?

running protected stacks?

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Matthias Rebbe <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> when will LC Server 6.02 commercial be released?
>
> Regards,
>
> Matthias
>

> Am 04.06.2013 um 17:07 schrieb Benjamin Beaumont <[hidden email]>:
>
> > Dear User List,
> >
> > We're pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 6.0.2. The installers
> can
> > be found here:
> >
> > http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/6_0_2/
> > http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/server/6_0_2/
> >
> > This is a maintenance release containing the following bug fixes:
> >
> > 10936 - Android SDK Path not recognised in Preferences - Mobile Support
> > 10895 - Non-public API usage - Apps are not permitted to access the UDID
> > 10916 - Script corruption
> >
> > Warm regards,
> >
> > The LiveCode team

> > Benjamin Beaumont . RunRev Ltd
> >
> > LiveCode Product Manager
> > mail : 25a Thistle Street Lane South West, Edinburgh, EH2 1EW
> > email : [hidden email]
> > company : +44(0) 845 219 89 23
> > fax : +44(0) 845 458 8487
> > web : www.runrev.com
> >
> > LiveCode - Unleash Your Killer App

Stephen Barncard
San Francisco Ca. USA

more about sqb  <http://www.google.com/profiles/sbarncar>

Re: RELEASE: LiveCode 6.0.2

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D
Hi,

i am not sure, but i think the licensing. I thought i have  to release my source when using community editions?
Or is this not necessary when using LC server? If not, i can live with the community edition of LC server.

Regards,

Matthias

Am 04.06.2013 um 22:55 schrieb stephen barncard <[hidden email]>:

> what would be the difference?
>
> running protected stacks?
>

> On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Matthias Rebbe <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ben,
>>
>> when will LC Server 6.02 commercial be released?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Matthias
>>

>> Am 04.06.2013 um 17:07 schrieb Benjamin Beaumont <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> Dear User List,
>>>
>>> We're pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 6.0.2. The installers
>> can
>>> be found here:
>>>
>>> http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/6_0_2/
>>> http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/server/6_0_2/
>>>
>>> This is a maintenance release containing the following bug fixes:
>>>
>>> 10936 - Android SDK Path not recognised in Preferences - Mobile Support
>>> 10895 - Non-public API usage - Apps are not permitted to access the UDID
>>> 10916 - Script corruption
>>>
>>> Warm regards,
>>>
>>> The LiveCode team
>>>
>>> _____________________________________________
>>>
>>> Benjamin Beaumont . RunRev Ltd
>>>
>>> LiveCode Product Manager
>>> mail : 25a Thistle Street Lane South West, Edinburgh, EH2 1EW
>>> email : [hidden email]
>>> company : +44(0) 845 219 89 23
>>> fax : +44(0) 845 458 8487
>>> web : www.runrev.com
>>>
>>> LiveCode - Unleash Your Killer App

> Stephen Barncard
> San Francisco Ca. USA
>
> more about sqb  <http://www.google.com/profiles/sbarncar>

Re: RELEASE: LiveCode 6.0.2

Peter W A Wood
Matthias

I am no expert but I believe that you only need to release the source if you make your application available to others.

Regards

Peter

http://LiveCode1001.blogspot.com

On 5 Jun 2013, at 06:04, Matthias Rebbe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i am not sure, but i think the licensing. I thought i have  to release my source when using community editions?
> Or is this not necessary when using LC server? If not, i can live with the community edition of LC server.
>
> Regards,
>
> Matthias
>
> Am 04.06.2013 um 22:55 schrieb stephen barncard <[hidden email]>:
>
>> what would be the difference?
>>
>> running protected stacks?
>>

>> On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Matthias Rebbe <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Ben,
>>>
>>> when will LC Server 6.02 commercial be released?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Matthias

>>> can

>> Stephen Barncard
>> San Francisco Ca. USA
>>
>> more about sqb  <http://www.google.com/profiles/sbarncar>

Re: RELEASE: LiveCode 6.0.2

Ralf Bitter-2

On 04.06.2013, at 22:49, Matthias Rebbe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> when will LC Server 6.02 commercial be released?
>
> Regards,
>
> Matthias

This is definitely a reasonable question because:

The community version of LiveCode server prevents
using protected stacks.

The current commercial version is 5.0.2.
So, I, too, would like to know when the latest (6.0.2)
version of the server engine will be available
for those who have a commercial license.

Ralf

Re: RELEASE: LiveCode 6.0.2

Richmond Mathewson-2
On 06/05/2013 01:39 PM, Ralf Bitter wrote:

> On 04.06.2013, at 22:49, Matthias Rebbe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ben,
>>
>> when will LC Server 6.02 commercial be released?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Matthias
>>

> This is definitely a reasonable question because:
>
> The community version of LiveCode server prevents
> using protected stacks.
>
> The current commercial version is 5.0.2.

That's odd, I thought it was 5.5.5?

Or maybe that is only for the non-Server version.

> So, I, too, would like to know when the latest (6.0.2)
> version of the server engine will be available
> for those who have a commercial license.
>

> Ralf

Re: RELEASE: LiveCode 6.0.2

Ralf Bitter-2

5.0.2 is the current commercial version of the server engine.
At least this is what I get at the store having an active
commercial license.

Ralf

On 05.06.2013, at 15:18, Richmond <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> This is definitely a reasonable question because:
>>
>> The community version of LiveCode server prevents
>> using protected stacks.
>>
>> The current commercial version is 5.0.2.
>
> That's odd, I thought it was 5.5.5?
>
> Or maybe that is only for the non-Server version.

Re: RELEASE: LiveCode 6.0.2

Stephen Barncard-4
I have here and have installed a commercial version
"LiveCodeServer-6_0_0_rc_1-Linux" but can't tell you where to find it
online. I got it before the kickstarter. It wasn't available for very long.

Runrev is currently 'funny' about making old versions available ...

sqb

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 7:49 AM, Ralf Bitter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 5.0.2 is the current commercial version of the server engine.
> At least this is what I get at the store having an active
> commercial license.
>

> Ralf
>
> On 05.06.2013, at 15:18, Richmond <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> >> This is definitely a reasonable question because:
> >>
> >> The community version of LiveCode server prevents
> >> using protected stacks.
> >>
> >> The current commercial version is 5.0.2.
> >
> > That's odd, I thought it was 5.5.5?
> >
> > Or maybe that is only for the non-Server version.

Stephen Barncard
San Francisco Ca. USA

more about sqb  <http://www.google.com/profiles/sbarncar>

Re: RELEASE: LiveCode 6.0.2

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D
Hi,

spoke to Heather today. There definitely will be a commercial version of LC server 6.x. There is an issue what has to be fixed.
After that LC server commercial will be released.

Regards,

Matthias

On 06/05/2013 09:04 PM, stephen barncard wrote:
> I have here and have installed a commercial version
> "LiveCodeServer-6_0_0_rc_1-Linux" but can't tell you where to find it
> online. I got it before the kickstarter. It wasn't available for very long.
>
> Runrev is currently 'funny' about making old versions available ...
>
> sqb

Have a look hereabouts: http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/

Yes, they are funny as I would like to be able to download versions
as far back as 1.1.1, and it is hard to see why they won't allow that
(they could put a disclaimer with every download saying
"Not a squidgin of support whatsoever").

For the sake of argument; I really need 2.0.1 for my Absolutely first
version,
tray-loading iMac that runs Mac OS 10.3.9 that stays at my Mum's and Dad's
house, and I use when I stay with them.

Re: RELEASE: LiveCode 6.0.2

Martin Koob
On Mac OS X I noticed that the build number that is reported in the 'About' box is 1521 but the version string that is returned from 'get info' from the finder is 6.0.2-rc-1.1520.

Is it the version string in the pList that has to be updated?

(just saw this because I was looking at how the version strings are saved for another post.)

Martin

RE: RELEASE: LiveCode 6.0.2

Ralph DiMola
I am getting A "Non-Public API usage" for "Apps are not permitted to access
the UUID" from the application loader. I thought this was fixed? Anyone else
successfully upload a binary with 6.0.2 Build 1521? I thought this error was
fixed in 6.0.2. I also thought in the past this error was sent via email
after you uploaded the binary? I reverted to 5.5.5 and no complaints from
the Application Loader or the iTunes Store. I'm now in waiting for
review..... AND fixing the Android SDK again(Last time I'll mention it)

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services