RELEASE LiveCode 6.7.2

Benjamin Beaumont-2
Dear List Members,

We're pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 6.7.2. This is a stable
release focusing on 64bit iOS apps as well as product robustness and
quality.

*Release Contents*
This release contains bug fixes and support for 64bit iOS binaries. For
full details of the changes in this release please see the release notes:
http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/6_7_2/LiveCodeNotes-6_7_2.pdf

*Getting the Release*
To get the release please select "check for updates" from the "help" menu
in the product or download the installer directly at:
http://downloads.livecode.com

*iOS 64 bit support*
Apple's AppStore rules change on the 1st of February requiring that all NEW
app submission contain both 32 and 64 bit binary executables. LiveCode has
been updates to produce iOS apps that comply with this. If you already have
an app in the AppStore you do not need to update it before the deadline,
but any new submission after that date will have to be built with LiveCode
6.7.2 or or 7.0.2 and above.

*6.7.3*
The next maintenance cycle has already started and 6.7.3 RC1 will be
released shortly with additional fixes.

Warm regards,

The LiveCode Team

Re: RELEASE LiveCode 6.7.2

Roger Eller
Anything new coming for Android?  With Lollipop and material design getting
all the attention in the press, I am hoping we will see some new things in
LiveCode to target the updated OS features.

Roger EllerGraphics Systems Analyst

803 North Maple StreetP: 864.967.1625Simpsonville, SC 29681C: 864.908.0337
SealedAir.com <http://www.sealedair.com/>[hidden email]
<[hidden email]>

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 9:38 AM, Benjamin Beaumont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear List Members,
>
> We're pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 6.7.2. This is a stable
> release focusing on 64bit iOS apps as well as product robustness and
> quality.
>
> *Release Contents*
> This release contains bug fixes and support for 64bit iOS binaries. For
> full details of the changes in this release please see the release notes:
> http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/6_7_2/LiveCodeNotes-6_7_2.pdf
>
> *Getting the Release*
> To get the release please select "check for updates" from the "help" menu
> in the product or download the installer directly at:
> http://downloads.livecode.com
>
> *iOS 64 bit support*
> Apple's AppStore rules change on the 1st of February requiring that all NEW
> app submission contain both 32 and 64 bit binary executables. LiveCode has
> been updates to produce iOS apps that comply with this. If you already have
> an app in the AppStore you do not need to update it before the deadline,
> but any new submission after that date will have to be built with LiveCode
> 6.7.2 or or 7.0.2 and above.
>
> *6.7.3*
> The next maintenance cycle has already started and 6.7.3 RC1 will be
> released shortly with additional fixes.
>
> Warm regards,
>
> The LiveCode Team

Re: RELEASE LiveCode 6.7.2

Dave Kilroy
Thanks to all RunRev staff for this build

However (and there is a however) bug 14295 still not fixed

Kind regards

Dave
Peter M. Brigham

Re: RELEASE LiveCode 6.7.2

Terence Heaford-2
A quick glance on the bug report system would indicate there are many many bugs not yet corrected.

Is there a specific order in which the bugs get sorted or is it pot luck?

For example:

Do coding bugs come before user interface bugs or vice versa?

What is important to me may not be important to you etc.

I am Community so I presume bugs important to me are lower priority than those submitted by someone who has paid?

Anyway, it’s about time the tab panel for OS X worked correctly.

For me any user interface issues are immediately seen by potential customers (paid or not) and would immediately impact their opinion of your software.

All the best

Terry

> On 16 Feb 2015, at 17:28, Dave Kilroy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks to all RunRev staff for this build
>
> However (and there is a however) bug 14295 still not fixed
>
> Kind regards
>
> Dave
>

> -----
> "Some are born coders, some achieve coding, and some have coding thrust upon them." - William Shakespeare & Hugh Senior

Re: RELEASE LiveCode 6.7.2

J. Landman Gay
On 2/16/2015 1:24 PM, Terence Heaford wrote:
> Is there a specific order in which the bugs get sorted or is it pot luck?

The last I heard it was like this:

Crashers get first attention. Easy fixes that only need a tiny tweak are
often quickly implemented. After that it depends on what they're working
on at the moment; they may wait on issues that require a larger code
change until they're working on that section of the code. For example,
player issues might wait until they're revising several bugs related to
players because changing one part will impact other parts.

But if a bug is critical (64-bit for iOS,) or affects a lot of people,
or interferes with some other important function, then they'll fix it
sooner.

So there's a sort of order but it isn't fixed or rigid.

> I am Community so I presume bugs important to me are lower priority
> than those submitted by someone who has paid?

It doesn't matter at all, because both code bases are identical, with
the exception of the missing password protection in community. The main
importance is how severe the bug is, how difficult it will be to fix,
and, to some degree, how widespread the effect is.

Re: RELEASE LiveCode 6.7.2

J. Landman Gay
On 2/16/2015 1:45 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> The main importance is how severe the bug is, how difficult it will be
> to fix, and, to some degree, how widespread the effect is.

I should also add, if there's a usable workaround, the bug isn't so
critical.

Re: RELEASE LiveCode 6.7.2

Terence Heaford

 > A quick glance on the bug report system would indicate there are
 > many many bugs not yet corrected.
 >
 > Is there a specific order in which the bugs get sorted or is it
 > pot luck?

Jacque answered most of this really well.  The only detail that may be
useful to add here is that the main focus for this particular build is
to put a solution in the hands of those deploying to iOS to cope with
Apple's latest policy change.

Similar to the OS X changes moving from 68k to PPC, then Classic to OS
X, the PPC to Intel, with iOS Apple is now requiring developers to
compile for 64-bit compatibility.

Apple put a firm deadline on that, and while they did provide many
months notice it's a non-trivial thing to do with some programs, and
with a program as complex as LiveCode it's a big undertaking.

At the moment the latest builds seem to address this, so other fixes and
enhancements will go into v6.7.3, which is in development now.

  LiveCode Community Manager

Re: RELEASE LiveCode 6.7.2

Terence Heaford-2
From the web site:

"Pro for Business
Get premium support when you need it, guidance with everything from coding, debugging and deployment to app design and marketing, priority bug fixes and quarterly members webinars with RunRev's CEO and LiveCode Product Manger. Be smart in business, get LiveCode Pro."

What does priority bug fixes mean in Pro for Business?

All the best

Terry

> On 16 Feb 2015, at 19:45, J. Landman Gay <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I am Community so I presume bugs important to me are lower priority
>> than those submitted by someone who has paid?
>
> It doesn't matter at all, because both code bases are identical

Re: RELEASE LiveCode 6.7.2

Heather Laine-2
Priority bug fixes for Pro license holders means exactly that. If you report a bug and you have a Pro license, that bug gets flagged as a priority. We still apply rules of practicality to fixing such bugs, but if we can fix them in a rapid timescale we will. This is one of the value adds of a Pro license.

Regards,

Heather