[REQUEST] Code to slant, skew and distort images

[REQUEST] Code to slant, skew and distort images

Alejandro Tejada
Hi All,

Did you have code to slant, skew and distort images?
Maybe translated from Adobe Director or Flash or
Python Image library?

Notice, I have made this for vector graphics (only slant)
but this code does not works for bitmap images...

Thanks in advance!

Al

Re: [REQUEST] Code to slant, skew and distort images

Simon
Alejandro Tejada wrote
Hi All,

Did you have code to slant, skew and distort images?
Hi Alejandro,

Here is a mind blowing image manipulation stack:
http://forums.runrev.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9490
Download Photo Room from the sig.

Simon

Re: [REQUEST] Code to slant, skew and distort images

Alejandro Tejada
Hi simon,

As_Simon wrote
Here is a mind blowing image manipulation stack:
http://forums.runrev.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9490
Download Photo Room from the sig.
Certainly this stack is amazing! Double Thumbs Up for
the creator of this stack. First time that I see it.

Only does Flip and Rotate.
I have to keep looking.

Have a nice week!

Al

Re: [REQUEST] Code to slant, skew and distort images

Alejandro Tejada
Hi All,

Searching for code to slant, skew and distort images
I have found again this clever stack by Chipp Walters:
http://www2.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/altConvolve2.zip

The most surprising find is that "external.dll" (the original sample DLL
created by Scott Raney from MetaCard) included in this download,
still works in the latest LiveCode versions!!!

After learning about the impressive capabilities of
Mac OS X core effects:
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/GraphicsImaging/Reference/CoreImageFilterReference/Reference/reference.html

I just keep wondering if Android, Linux and Windows offers
similar images filters. At least a small fraction, not everything
that Apple's Core Image offers.

Thanks in advance!

Al

Re: [REQUEST] Code to slant, skew and distort images

ScottR
Hi Al:

As far as I know, these capabilities have never been available, either by
RunRev or by 3rd parties.  We could do some nice 2-1/2D effects with these
capabilities, for sure, but they need to be added to the engine (along
with sub-pixel positioning).

Somewhat frustrating that one can do a fair number of image
transformations using CSS and/or Javascript, but not LiveCode:
http://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/transform

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design

On 11/2/13 5:44 PM, "Alejandro Tejada" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Searching for code to slant, skew and distort images
>I have found again this clever stack by Chipp Walters:
>http://www2.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/altConvolve2.zip
>
>The most surprising find is that "external.dll" (the original sample DLL
>created by Scott Raney from MetaCard) included in this download,
>still works in the latest LiveCode versions!!!
>
>After learning about the impressive capabilities of
>Mac OS X core effects:
>https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/GraphicsImaging/Refe
>rence/CoreImageFilterReference/Reference/reference.html
>
>I just keep wondering if Android, Linux and Windows offers
>similar images filters. At least a small fraction, not everything
>that Apple's Core Image offers.
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Al

Re: [REQUEST] Code to slant, skew and distort images

Alejandro Tejada
Hi Scott,

Scott Rossi wrote
As far as I know, these capabilities have never been available, either by
RunRev or by 3rd parties.  We could do some nice 2-1/2D effects with these
capabilities, for sure, but they need to be added to the engine (along
with sub-pixel positioning).
Somewhat frustrating that one can do a fair number of image
transformations using CSS and/or Javascript, but not LiveCode:
http://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/transform
If imagemagick do not add 50 megabytes to every application,
certainly, would be an ideal candidate:

http://www.imagemagick.org/script/license.php

"Before we get to the text of the license, lets just review what the license says in simple terms:
It allows you to:
freely download and use ImageMagick software, in whole or in part, for personal, company internal, or commercial purposes;
use ImageMagick software in packages or distributions that you create;
link against a library under a different license;
link code under a different license against a library under this license;
merge code into a work under a different license;
extend patent grants to any code using code under this license;
and extend patent protection."

Let's keep the hope!

Al

Re: [REQUEST] Code to slant, skew and distort images

Monte Goulding

On 03/11/2013, at 12:40 PM, Scott Rossi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As far as I know, these capabilities have never been available, either by
> RunRev or by 3rd parties.  We could do some nice 2-1/2D effects with these
> capabilities, for sure, but they need to be added to the engine (along
> with sub-pixel positioning).
>
> Somewhat frustrating that one can do a fair number of image
> transformations using CSS and/or Javascript, but not LiveCode:
> http://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/transform

FWIW I asked here (http://forums.runrev.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=16617) about affine transformations on individual objects. Not going to happen for a while. It could be different for images though and work somewhat like (and integrate with the angle property).

Cheers

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!

Re: [REQUEST] Code to slant, skew and distort images

Alejandro Tejada
Well, keeping the promised priorities in order is essential. :)

Monte Goulding wrote
FWIW I asked here (http://forums.runrev.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=16617)
about affine transformations on individual objects. Not going to happen for a while.
It could be different for images though and work somewhat like (and integrate with
the angle property).
Interesting enough, I found this alternative to ImageMagick:
http://www.graphicsmagick.org/

Al