RIP tools and lib

Richard Gaskin
The RIP tools in the files section need updating to incorporate the
latest spec.  I'm updating RIPEdit now, and at some point we could use a
libRIP.

The idea with with libRIP is to provide a set of handlers for updating
plugins in Rev, and can be used within other applications to update
components a la "Check for Updates". It could even provide a generic UI
for such updates so that people can add updating to their apps with a
one-line call.  It might also be nice to have a ripSetBuilderNumber
handler to increment the buildNumber property -- I'm finding myself
needing that for a great many things.

Anyone here motivated to make a libRIP? If not I can probably make time
for it, but if someone here is up for it I'll happily contribute what I
can to the effort.

  Managing Editor, revJournal

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/