Re-2: problems with lowercase and uppercase characters in filenames

Re-2: problems with lowercase and uppercase characters in filenames

Matthias Rebbe
Jan,
Mark,

thanks for the reply.

I am working on windows for many many years now and did not realize that this is not possible.
Shame on me ! But for my rehabilitation, i had no need for  uper/lowercas sensitiy until now.

Then i have to put the cart before the horse and must name the file with an additional suffix _u for upper
_l for lowercase.

But here´s the next problem.

I have a dynamic list of characters for example abcdefghijABCDEFGHIJ or zAqQbBaZTt. No specific order.

I want to create files that have a one character filename according to each character of that list.

As i cannot create case sensitive filenames, i have to put the above mentioned extension to the filename,
depending on the character. How can i differ between a and A, so i can put the correct extension to the filename?

Regards,

Matthias

Re: Re-2: problems with lowercase and uppercase characters in filenames

Eric Chatonet
Hi Mathias,

Le 9 juil. 08 à 16:43, [hidden email] a écrit :

> How can i differ between a and A

function IsUpperCase pChar
   return charToNum(pChar) <= 90
end IsUpperCase

See charToNum and numToChar in the docs.

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.

Re: Re-2: problems with lowercase and uppercase characters in filenames

masmit
One thing you might consider is using the numerical value of the
letter for the file name. You could have two little handlers to make
it transparent:

on writeFile pChar, pData
   put pData into url ("file:" & chaToNum(pChar))
end writeFile

function readFile pChar
   return url ("file:" & charToNum(pChar))
end readFile