Re: 9.0.0 RC-1 Hard crash still persists + New problem

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 9.0.0 RC-1 Hard crash still persists + New problem

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Hi Lagi

I disabled all the extensions, one by one, in the Extensions Manager.

I had the same result as before …a hard crash.


But apparently the Extensions Manager depends on the extensions themself, because now the Extension Manager is completely empty and I cant acces them to load them at startUp.

I did re-install LC 9 rc1 again but the Extension Manager remains empty. The Project Browser is also empty.

How can I reactivate the extensions?

Thanks
Mic
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 9.0.0 RC-1 Hard crash still persists + New problem

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Hi Michael,

I think Bob and Lagi suggested to remove any *custom* Extensions and
Plugins you have in the "Documents/My LiveCode" folder, not to disable the
LC built-in extensions.

If this does not help, I would suggest you try removing your Prefs, as
maybe they have been corrupted, and this can cause unexpected behavior.
To remove your prefs:

1. Quit LiveCode
2. Navigate to /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/RunRev/ folder

You should see one or two files there:

livecode.rev --> Prefs for LiveCode versions < 7
livecode7.rev --> Prefs for LiveCode 7, 8 and 9

3. Remove those 2 files from this folder. You can trash them, or just put
them in a different folder. Those files will be re-generated once you start
LiveCode again.

4. Open LiveCode again. Now all the preferences will have been reset to
defaults (you should see a gray backdrop)

5. Test again if you still can reproduce the crash. If yes, then please
file a bug report at quality.livecode.com, and make sure you include a
sample stack that demonstrates the problem.

Kind regards,
Panos
--


On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 2:10 PM, Michael Kristensen via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Lagi
>
> I disabled all the extensions, one by one, in the Extensions Manager.
>
> I had the same result as before …a hard crash.
>
>
> But apparently the Extensions Manager depends on the extensions themself,
> because now the Extension Manager is completely empty and I cant acces them
> to load them at startUp.
>
> I did re-install LC 9 rc1 again but the Extension Manager remains empty.
> The Project Browser is also empty.
>
> How can I reactivate the extensions?
>
> Thanks
> Mic
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 9.0.0 RC-1 Hard crash still persists + New problem

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
For testing purposes I just move all the extensions to a disable folder.

Bob S


> On Mar 16, 2018, at 07:26 , panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Michael,
>
> I think Bob and Lagi suggested to remove any *custom* Extensions and
> Plugins you have in the "Documents/My LiveCode" folder, not to disable the
> LC built-in extensions.


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 9.0.0 RC-1 Hard crash still persists + New problem

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
In reply to this post by Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Hi again
Thanks for the answers!



Deleted the prefs files.

Crash persist.

As a side note Command-E opens the script fine.



Problem with Extension Manager:

This is a picture of my Extension Manager
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjtsy4agfauwol7/Sk%C3%A6rmbillede%202018-03-16%20kl.%2017.05.41.png?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjtsy4agfauwol7/Sk%C3%A6rmbillede%202018-03-16%20kl.%2017.05.41.png?dl=0>


How do I get the extensions back?



Michael
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 9.0.0 RC-1 Hard crash still persists + New problem

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
I've got a completely different weird issue.
On one machine all's well and everything seems happy (2017 MBP)
On another (2011 mini), when I open LC, I get a weird grey/black box in the
top left corner of the screen that almost looks like a mini version of the
LC splash screen (but is so compressed that I can't tell for sure).
I am unable to open any stacks as this is the only window that will show.
All other versions of LC on this machine work as expected.
In the Development menu, the only menuitem is "true"

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 12:13 PM, Michael Kristensen via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi again
> Thanks for the answers!
>
>
>
> Deleted the prefs files.
>
> Crash persist.
>
> As a side note Command-E opens the script fine.
>
>
>
> Problem with Extension Manager:
>
> This is a picture of my Extension Manager
> <a href="https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjtsy4agfauwol7/Sk%C3%">https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjtsy4agfauwol7/Sk%C3%
> A6rmbillede%202018-03-16%20kl.%2017.05.41.png?dl=0 <
> <a href="https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjtsy4agfauwol7/Sk%C3%">https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjtsy4agfauwol7/Sk%C3%
> A6rmbillede%202018-03-16%20kl.%2017.05.41.png?dl=0>
>
>
> How do I get the extensions back?
>
>
>
> Michael
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>



--
On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
On the second day, God created the oceans.
On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 9.0.0 RC-1 Hard crash still persists + New problem

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Hi Mike,

Yes, a few other people had this problem. See
http://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=21067 for a workaround

Best,
Panos
--

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 4:50 PM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've got a completely different weird issue.
> On one machine all's well and everything seems happy (2017 MBP)
> On another (2011 mini), when I open LC, I get a weird grey/black box in the
> top left corner of the screen that almost looks like a mini version of the
> LC splash screen (but is so compressed that I can't tell for sure).
> I am unable to open any stacks as this is the only window that will show.
> All other versions of LC on this machine work as expected.
> In the Development menu, the only menuitem is "true"
>
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 12:13 PM, Michael Kristensen via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi again
> > Thanks for the answers!
> >
> >
> >
> > Deleted the prefs files.
> >
> > Crash persist.
> >
> > As a side note Command-E opens the script fine.
> >
> >
> >
> > Problem with Extension Manager:
> >
> > This is a picture of my Extension Manager
> > <a href="https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjtsy4agfauwol7/Sk%C3%">https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjtsy4agfauwol7/Sk%C3%
> > A6rmbillede%202018-03-16%20kl.%2017.05.41.png?dl=0 <
> > <a href="https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjtsy4agfauwol7/Sk%C3%">https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjtsy4agfauwol7/Sk%C3%
> > A6rmbillede%202018-03-16%20kl.%2017.05.41.png?dl=0>
> >
> >
> > How do I get the extensions back?
> >
> >
> >
> > Michael
> > _______________________________________________
> > use-livecode mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> > subscription preferences:
> > http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
> >
>
>
>
> --
> On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
> On the second day, God created the oceans.
> On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
>    and did a little diving.
> And God said, "This is good."
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode