Re:Glenn's Optics Stack

Glenn E. Fisher
Jon wrote:
> Glenn:
>
> I noticed your Optics stack, so I took a look.  Here are a few quick
> comments.
>
> It may be clear to you what this stack is supposed to do, but it made
> very little sense to me.  A little explanation might be useful.

You can use the "Add" and "Delete" buttons above the Telescopes field
and the Eyepieces field to add and remove items from these fields.  If
you add items the heading items need to be adhered to, for example in
adding telescopes, the first item needs to be the diameter of the
objective lens in millimeters, the second item needs to the F number or
speed of the objective lens like F8, and the third item needs to be the
description of the scope (which can be any text).

You can then select a line from each field and it will calculate the
power and field of view for that telescope and eyepiece combination.

> I clicked on Design, then clicked on Create Lens, then clicked Cancel.
>  There was a run-time error.  I then clicked the close icon (X) on the
> Design window, and was asked if I really wanted to save the Design
> stack.  All I wanted was to "hide" the window so I could get back to
> the original window.
>
> I did finally manage to create a second lens and see the optical lines
> flying around: very cool!  I wish I understood what was going on
> better!

The "Design" part is not finished, I'm still working on it.

> :)
>
> Jon
I'll add some help to it when I get the time.
Being retired, I'm not tied to my desk like when I was working so my
response to the email is only hit or miss.  :)

Sorry for the slow response.
Have fun,
Glenn
--
Glenn E. Fisher University of Houston - Retired
22402 Diane Dr. Spring, Tx 77373

Re: Glenn's Optics Stack

Jon-3
Glenn:

"I'll add some help to it when I get the time.
Being retired, I'm not tied to my desk like when I was working so my
response to the email is only hit or miss.  :)

Sorry for the slow response."

No need to apologize!  The fact that you are giving this stuff away is
wonderful!  I just wanted you to get some feedback from a novice user,
so that you could consider how it might look to others.  I know that
whenever I show something I've written to someone else, they use it in
ways I never expected, and break it immediately.

:)

Jon