Re: How to copy a card you can't open - corrupted fonts

Re: How to copy a card you can't open - corrupted fonts

william humphrey-2
I just found out why LiveCode would crash whenever I tried to open one of
the cards in the stack. It turns out there was a corrupted font being used
in the suspect card.

Solution (Mac OS):

1. Open Font Suitcase in your app folder.
2. Select all fonts
3. Run the validate fonts command
4. Check off each of the damaged fonts that it finds (write down list if you
want to replace them)
5. Delete them

This solution also solves a microsoft excel and word crash  problem. I don't
know how the fonts get corrupted but I found the problem on three separate
macs. Each mac had a new version of "Mail Plane" - excellent program but it
uses, without crashing, a couple of the suspect fonts.

Re: How to copy a card you can't open - corrupted fonts

Alejandro Tejada
Hi William,

Do you remember the font names?

Ideally, instead of deleting the fonts
the fonts creators should receive a
copy of these fonts.

In this way,  they could fix the
font problems and verify exactly
the origin of these errors.

This is really important.
Could you recover these deleted fonts?

Have a nice weekend!

Al

Re: How to copy a card you can't open - corrupted fonts

william humphrey-2
I deleted every font that was corrupted and then went ahead and used stuff
fine. There was only one font that I missed and that was "Arial Regular" and
I re-installed that from another computer. There were about six damaged
fonts. I didn't even consider there might be a font creator out there
somewhere that would be interested. They were True type fonts so I think
that's Apple in some kind of deal with Microsoft.

http://www.bluewatermaritime.com