Re: LCG Session Suggestions

AndyP via use-livecode
Has there been a session where someone showed a bug fix with pull
request? I recently tried to try a simple contribution (updating a
Dictionary entry) and found myself struggling (Git virgin). I know
there are lots of Github tutorials (and Trevor did a tutorial with
Git/Levure @ LC Global 17 day 2), but would be nice to see a demo
explaining LiveCode branches etc.

--Andrew Bell

Re: LCG Session Suggestions

AndyP via use-livecode
I would watch that..I was looking for that yesterday, while thinking about
adding something to the httpd library.

I would watch that one.

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 9:36 AM, Andrew Bell via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Has there been a session where someone showed a bug fix with pull request?
> I recently tried to try a simple contribution (updating a Dictionary entry)
> and found myself struggling (Git virgin). I know there are lots of Github
> tutorials (and Trevor did a tutorial with Git/Levure @ LC Global 17 day 2),
> but would be nice to see a demo explaining LiveCode branches etc.
>
> --Andrew Bell

Re: LCG Session Suggestions

AndyP via use-livecode
I have finally decided what I will be adding to the September Sessions....

Multi-Core Processing in LC.  No idea how thats gonna happen, but I need it
for my own projects, so I'll have to find a solution. :D

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 10:29 AM, Tom Glod <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would watch that..I was looking for that yesterday, while thinking about
> adding something to the httpd library.
>
> I would watch that one.
>
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 9:36 AM, Andrew Bell via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Has there been a session where someone showed a bug fix with pull
>> request? I recently tried to try a simple contribution (updating a
>> Dictionary entry) and found myself struggling (Git virgin). I know there
>> are lots of Github tutorials (and Trevor did a tutorial with Git/Levure @
>> LC Global 17 day 2), but would be nice to see a demo explaining LiveCode
>> branches etc.
>>
>> --Andrew Bell

Re: LCG Session Suggestions

AndyP via use-livecode
My session last month was on setting up to build from source including
submitting a PR. Most of the info is in the screen shots on the slides so
it is easy to skip through the slides.
On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 10:31 AM Tom Glod via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have finally decided what I will be adding to the September Sessions....
>
> Multi-Core Processing in LC.  No idea how thats gonna happen, but I need it
> for my own projects, so I'll have to find a solution. :D
>
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 10:29 AM, Tom Glod <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I would watch that..I was looking for that yesterday, while thinking
> about
> > adding something to the httpd library.
> >
> > I would watch that one.
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 9:36 AM, Andrew Bell via use-livecode <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Has there been a session where someone showed a bug fix with pull
> >> request? I recently tried to try a simple contribution (updating a
> >> Dictionary entry) and found myself struggling (Git virgin). I know there
> >> are lots of Github tutorials (and Trevor did a tutorial with Git/Levure
> @
> >> LC Global 17 day 2), but would be nice to see a demo explaining LiveCode
> >> branches etc.
> >>
> >> --Andrew Bell

Re: LCG Session Suggestions

AndyP via use-livecode
I also recommend reading the docs contribution guide:
https://github.com/livecode/livecode/blob/develop/docs/contributing_to_docs.md
which applies more or less equally to small code changes.

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 4:07 PM Brian Milby via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> My session last month was on setting up to build from source including
> submitting a PR. Most of the info is in the screen shots on the slides so
> it is easy to skip through the slides.
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 10:31 AM Tom Glod via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I have finally decided what I will be adding to the September
> Sessions....
> >
> > Multi-Core Processing in LC.  No idea how thats gonna happen, but I need
> it
> > for my own projects, so I'll have to find a solution. :D
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 10:29 AM, Tom Glod <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > I would watch that..I was looking for that yesterday, while thinking
> > about
> > > adding something to the httpd library.
> > >
> > > I would watch that one.

> there
> Git/Levure
> > @
> LiveCode

Re: LCG Session Suggestions

AndyP via use-livecode
Ali,

I notice that in that doc you are still directing people to use the develop-8.2 branch for submitting PRs for dictionary updates. Is that still the branch you want us to use?

Devin

[hidden email]> wrote:

Has there been a session where someone showed a bug fix with pull
request? I recently tried to try a simple contribution (updating a
Dictionary entry) and found myself struggling (Git virgin). I know
there
are lots of Github tutorials (and Trevor did a tutorial with
Git/Levure
@
LC Global 17 day 2), but would be nice to see a demo explaining
LiveCode
branches etc.

--Andrew Bell

Devin Asay
Director
Office of Digital Humanities
Brigham Young University

Re: LCG Session Suggestions

AndyP via use-livecode
Oops, no it should be develop-9.0 now. Another task to add to the major
version GM release checklist!

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 8:36 PM Devin Asay via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ali,
>
> I notice that in that doc you are still directing people to use the
> develop-8.2 branch for submitting PRs for dictionary updates. Is that still
> the branch you want us to use?
>
> Devin
>
> On Apr 10, 2018, at 9:56 AM, Ali Lloyd via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
> wrote:
>
> I also recommend reading the docs contribution guide:
>
> https://github.com/livecode/livecode/blob/develop/docs/contributing_to_docs.md
> which applies more or less equally to small code changes.
>
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 4:07 PM Brian Milby via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> My session last month was on setting up to build from source including
> submitting a PR. Most of the info is in the screen shots on the slides so
> it is easy to skip through the slides.
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 10:31 AM Tom Glod via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have finally decided what I will be adding to the September
> Sessions....
>
> Multi-Core Processing in LC.  No idea how thats gonna happen, but I need
> it
> for my own projects, so I'll have to find a solution. :D
>
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 10:29 AM, Tom Glod <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I would watch that..I was looking for that yesterday, while thinking
> about
> adding something to the httpd library.
>
> I would watch that one.
>
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 9:36 AM, Andrew Bell via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Has there been a session where someone showed a bug fix with pull
> request? I recently tried to try a simple contribution (updating a
> Dictionary entry) and found myself struggling (Git virgin). I know
> there
> are lots of Github tutorials (and Trevor did a tutorial with
> Git/Levure
> @
> LC Global 17 day 2), but would be nice to see a demo explaining
> LiveCode
> branches etc.
>
> --Andrew Bell

> Devin Asay
> Director
> Office of Digital Humanities
> Brigham Young University

Re: LCG Session Suggestions

AndyP via use-livecode
A couple of years ago, when I was doing lots of dictionary fixes, I created a checklist for myself of how to do it and what to look for. Maybe others will find it helpful:

https://github.com/asayd/livecode/blob/asayd-docs_editing_checklist/docs/dictionary_editing_checklist.md

Devin