Re: ?Make Docset? updated to 3.1, DASH docset for LC now at 1.7.1

Re: ?Make Docset? updated to 3.1, DASH docset for LC now at 1.7.1

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
From Mike
> First of all, thanks a lot for doing this.  Dash is now my default way to
> access the docs, on both my ipad and mac.  I love it.
> Second, I have auto-updates turned on for both platforms, but they both
> show the LC docs at 1.6.1

I am glad it is useful. I to really like the presentation of Dash, especially on my ipad.

It is now actually version 1.7.2

As for the update.
It would seem that updates to user contributions are not quite automatic.
(This could be as I leave one previous version in place.)

On the Mac go to Preferences.
Click on the "Check and Install Now" button at the bottom to jog an update OF THE LISTING.
Select the "User-Contributions" section in the lefthand pane.
In the search area above the list of user contributed docsets, type "livecode".
On the right of the entry for LivCode there is a popup menu which allows you to choose which docset to install.

On the iPad go to "Settings" and click on "User Contributed docsets" and then on the "Update" button at the top of the screen.
At least on the iPad it seems to grab the latest (one with the higher version number.)

I am still getting all the "Associations" links to work so there will be a 1.7.3 in the near future.

James

Re: ?Make Docset? updated to 3.1, DASH docset for LC now at 1.7.1

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
I'm going to wait on both until later today and see if they auto-update.
The ipad auto-updated for me on Saturday.

On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 10:27 PM James Hale via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> From Mike
> > First of all, thanks a lot for doing this.  Dash is now my default way to
> > access the docs, on both my ipad and mac.  I love it.
> > Second, I have auto-updates turned on for both platforms, but they both
> > show the LC docs at 1.6.1
>
> I am glad it is useful. I to really like the presentation of Dash,
> especially on my ipad.
>
> It is now actually version 1.7.2
>
> As for the update.
> It would seem that updates to user contributions are not quite automatic.
> (This could be as I leave one previous version in place.)
>
> On the Mac go to Preferences.
> Click on the "Check and Install Now" button at the bottom to jog an update
> OF THE LISTING.
> Select the "User-Contributions" section in the lefthand pane.
> In the search area above the list of user contributed docsets, type
> "livecode".
> On the right of the entry for LivCode there is a popup menu which allows
> you to choose which docset to install.
>
> On the iPad go to "Settings" and click on "User Contributed docsets" and
> then on the "Update" button at the top of the screen.
> At least on the iPad it seems to grab the latest (one with the higher
> version number.)
>
> I am still getting all the "Associations" links to work so there will be a
> 1.7.3 in the near future.
>

> James

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."