Re: [OT] Quartum PDF Library - How to change text color of a cell in a table?

Re: [OT] Quartum PDF Library - How to change text color of a cell in a table?

Jan Schenkel
Hi Roger,

Sorry for the late reply - I was at the Devoxx conference this past week and am only now wading through my email backlog.

As you found out, the qrtPDF_WriteTextTable command doesn't currently offer a way to influence the formatting for an individual cell.
It was designed for single formatting, and adding a callback function to let you influence the formatting per cell means it will need some refactoring.
After all, if you were to change not only the colour but also the font style or size, the calculation of the row heights becomes a lot more complex.
That is not to say that the idea is too hard to pursue, but it will take time to get it 'right' under all circumstances.

In the meantime, you can build the table with separate qrtPDF_WriteTextBox commands, as demonstrated in Example 4 of the script demos stack.
If you need a hand with that, feel free to post on the Quartam forums at <http://forums.quartam.com> or email me directly.

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode
www.quartam.com

=====
"As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more foolish at the same time."  (La Rochefoucauld)

 Subject: [OT] Quartum PDF Library - How to change text color of a cell in a table?
 To: "How to use LiveCode" <[hidden email]>
 Date: Monday, November 7, 2016, 9:41 PM

 I am using Jan Shenkel's PDF Library
 in a project, and need to display
 negative numbers in a table in red.
 It seems to be possible to affect the entire table, but how
 can I apply
 color commands to a specific cell?

 TIA,
 ~Roger

Re: [OT] Quartum PDF Library - How to change text color of a cell in a table?

Roger Eller
Thanks for your reply, Jan. I just found your reply in SPAM, lol.  Anyhow,
the team decided that black text is just fine.  :)

~Roger