Re Quick Test for Tiemo

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
Sorry Tiemo,

Got a message that "MyMACs.livecode" is not a stack - can't open it with LiveCode

I wonder why ?

Using - 10.12 Sierra with LiveCode 5.5.

Best Regards

Francis

> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 10:28:59 +0200
> From: "Tiemo Hollmann TB" <[hidden email]>
> To: "LiveCode User Liste senden" <[hidden email]>
> Subject: could you please make a quick test for me?
>
> Hello,
>
> I am replacing an old very slow function (netstat) to retrieve MAC addresses
> with another fast function (networksetup). I am replacing a part of a
> licensing system in a live program out in the market, so I have to be sure,
> to get exactly the same result from the new function. It has to be the same
> list of MAC addresses and the same sequence of MAC addresses.
>
> Since I only have one Mac, I would like to ask you to test my two functions
> in a small test program and send me the results in a PM by email. (just copy
> the two result fields and the kind of Mac you have into an email). So I hope
> I can verify that the results look the same on different Macs and different
> configurations.
>
> You can download my test program here:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/puhlnw2mgx5tknk/myMACs.livecode?dl=0
>
> The function is for Mac Only and MacOS > 10.8
>
> Thank you for your help
>
> Tiemo
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 10:51:37 +0200
> From: Mark Waddingham <[hidden email]>
> To: How to use LiveCode <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: could you please make a quick test for me?
>
> On 2017-03-31 10:28, Tiemo Hollmann TB via use-livecode wrote:
>> Thank you for your help
>
> Mine is forthcoming - btw, I suggest anyone doing this makes sure they
> only send the results to Tiemo privately - unless you want all your Mac
> addresses in a public forum :)
>
> Warmest Regards,
>
> Mark.
>
> --
> Mark Waddingham ~ [hidden email] ~ http://www.livecode.com/
> LiveCode: Everyone can create apps

Re: Re Quick Test for Tiemo

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
Stackfile change, the stack must be in a later format.
I saved a copy with the older stack file version, hopefully it won't break
any code (it shouldn't.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ca3yqa9gvvtrsd4/myMACsStackfilever2_4.livecode?dl=0

On 2017-03-31 15:36, Francis Nugent Dixon via use-livecode wrote:
> Sorry Tiemo,
>
> Got a message that "MyMACs.livecode" is not a stack - can't open it
> with LiveCode
>
> I wonder why ?
>
> Using - 10.12 Sierra with LiveCode 5.5.

It is a 7.0 format stackfile... The error message in older LiveCode
versions was a little lacking in this regard, it is more specific in
6.7.x onwards (i.e. it tells you why it doesn't think it is a stack!) :)

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps

AW: Re Quick Test for Tiemo

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
Sorry guys I didn't specified the stack format version, it was 7.
Thanks for all testers. The test was very valuable for me, because I found
that the sequence of MAC addresses wasn't the same as my old function
produced on some machines. I have optimized my code now to get the same
sequence.
Thanks again and have a nice weekend
Tiemo