Re: Rev Documentation (was: icons)

Martin BLACKMAN
I will stick up for Revolution and say that as a relative newbie for
the most part I find the documentation to be excellent.  OK maybe the
section on icons is lacking, but for most keywords or functions you
get a very clear and logical explanation of the syntax including
inputs and outputs, what happens if an input is missing/empty, what
happens if an error occurs, a few example uses of the keyword or
function, hints or alerts to watch out for and 'see also' suggestions.
 I find it worthwhile to do a bit of 'surfing' from one item to
another by following the 'see also' suggestions. In this way when I
need to find out about an aspect of transcript I try to learn about
others as I go.

regards
Martin Blackman

> Message: 14
> Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 22:37:50 +0200
> From: Klaus Major <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: icons
> To: How to use Revolution <[hidden email]>
>

> > If you love Rev, and if you want it to be adopted widely, then
> > there is no way that the current documentation is adequate.
>
> Sure, but that is not in any way affected by my attidtude, see above!
>
> Again, the docs are not THAT bad, in opposite, they are excellent,
> but canot cover ALL aspects, since Rev is SO powerful, i think...
>
> And like the engine, the docs are also a "work in progress" and get
> better with each release!
>
> > end-rant...
>
> Hark, hark! :-)
>
> > :)
> >
> > Jon
>
> Best from germany
>
> Klaus Major
> [hidden email]
> http://www.major-k.de

Re: Rev Documentation (was: icons)

Nicolas Cueto
> I will stick up for Revolution and say that as a relative newbie for
> the most part I find the documentation to be excellent.

I'll second that. Plus I too like to learn by surfing the "see also"
suggestions. And whatever the documentation neglects then
the mailing list will provide an answer (or answers!), and usually
within a few hours of posting a question.

--
Nicolas Cueto