Re: Update: Crash with mobilePickPhoto and Android

Re: Update: Crash with mobilePickPhoto and Android

This needs a bug report. Crashes are high priority fixes.

On August 11, 2017 10:17:35 AM Dan Friedman via use-livecode
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> For those who may be interested, here’s a fun one…
>
> If acceleratedRendering is enabled, mobilePickPhoto will crash the app on
> Android.  Here’s your workaround:
>
>   set the acceleratedRendering of stack "main" to false
>   mobilePickPhoto "camera"
>   set the acceleratedRendering of stack "main" to true
>
> Perhaps LC will fix this or add this limitation to the documentation.
>
> -Dan
>

>>> Hello!   Having some trouble with mobilePickPhoto on an Android device.  I
>>> call mobilePickPhoto "library"
>>> (or mobilePickPhoto "camera") and I can choose the photo or take the
>>> picture, but as soon as I accept the
>>> image (when LC should have control again) the app crashes with the prompt
>>> “[appName] has stopped”.
>>> LC 8.1.5, Moto g5 Plus running Android 7.0.   Any thoughts?
>>>
>>> Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated!
>>>
>>> -Dan

Re: Update: Crash with mobilePickPhoto and Android

Also, you shouldn't have to use a workaround just because it is Android.
The mobile syntax should work the same for either OS.

~Roger