Re: Using a hidden browser widget to create a perfectly scalable LC control

Re: Using a hidden browser widget to create a perfectly scalable LC control

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
This is essentially already done by Alejandro with SVGtoPNG,
see the Forum/RichMedia.

PDF on Android

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
The mobile browser on Android will not render a PDF. I've been trying the
both the Browser Widget and old school control creation to display a PDF.
Both ways yield the same results. Is there a way to display a PDF on Android
inside of LC?

IDE Windows==>PDF renders OK.
Android==>Only a white screen.
iOS==>PDF renders OK.
IDE Mac==>Only a white screen. This surprised me. Only tried the Browser
Widget.

Thanks

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services

Re: Using a hidden browser widget to create a perfectly scalable LC control

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Ah - sorry to reinvent the wheel. I already did it, though, and it allows for live near-perfect resizing, so I will go ahead and share it for that one aspect.

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 10, 2017, at 6:40 PM, hh via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> This is essentially already done by Alejandro with SVGtoPNG,
> see the Forum/RichMedia.

Re: Using a hidden browser widget to create a perfectly scalable LC control

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Hi Jonathan,

if you do it anyway, then you could also add SVG-Filter.
Not too much work, they can easily be chained and work fine
in the browser widget (where the browser widget works ...).

I have it working but have no time for the demostack.

Hermann