Re: Weirdness with filter (maybe?)

hh via use-livecode
Try

filter lines of MyList with ("*" & CharStringX & "*" & tab & "*")

to get all lines where CharStringX is contained in the first part of the string before the tab.

> filter lines of MyList with ("*" & CharStringX & "*" & tab)

HTH

cheers

Alan

Re: Weirdness with filter (maybe?)

hh via use-livecode
Filter, unlike matchtext, in the form you are using, is not using regex. There is a form of filter however that does. If you need help with a regex expression, I use a neat little tool called RegexMagic. 30 day demo and not too expensive if you use regex expressions on a regular basis. (See what I did there?)

Bob S

> On Apr 20, 2017, at 03:20 , Alan via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Try
>
> filter lines of MyList with ("*" & CharStringX & "*" & tab & "*")
>
> to get all lines where CharStringX is contained in the first part of the string before the tab.
>

>> filter lines of MyList with ("*" & CharStringX & "*" & tab)
>
> HTH
>
> cheers
>
> Alan

Re: Weirdness with filter (maybe?)

hh via use-livecode
There is also brilliant work optimized for LC syntax.
By the one and only LC-master of regex, Thierry:

https://sunny-tdz.com/livecode/sunnyrex