Re: Will it ever be possible place controls over browser widget?

Re: Will it ever be possible place controls over browser widget?

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
We already know that this is not possible by "ordinary" controls
because the browser widget has a native layer.
(Except we"bundle" your controls in a floating window.)

But there is one way more (I use it for updating my Textedit
widget).

Of course you can overlay a browser widget with a browser widget:

Make using HTML/CSS a "Bar" (containing buttons etc.).
The HTML/CSS of that is pretty simple and changeable without deep
knowledge of HTML or CSS.
You get a clickCallback via a javaScriptHandler and can simply use
the scripts of your LCS objects from that javaScriptHandler.

I made a simple example stack with 6 rounded buttons here, may be
I'll update it from time to time:

http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?p=172729#p172729

Re: Will it ever be possible place controls over browser widget?

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
Hermann:
You are sooo DARN CREATIVE! I’m awed.
Bill

> On Oct 28, 2018, at 10:54 AM, hh via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> We already know that this is not possible by "ordinary" controls
> because the browser widget has a native layer.
> (Except we"bundle" your controls in a floating window.)
>
> But there is one way more (I use it for updating my Textedit
> widget).
>
> Of course you can overlay a browser widget with a browser widget:
>
> Make using HTML/CSS a "Bar" (containing buttons etc.).
> The HTML/CSS of that is pretty simple and changeable without deep
> knowledge of HTML or CSS.
> You get a clickCallback via a javaScriptHandler and can simply use
> the scripts of your LCS objects from that javaScriptHandler.
>
> I made a simple example stack with 6 rounded buttons here, may be
> I'll update it from time to time:
>
> http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?p=172729#p172729

Re: Will it ever be possible place controls over browser widget?

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
excellent demo .... thank you......just out of curiosity....is it just on
my system ? or the right click grab of the widget doesn'twork?

On Sun, Oct 28, 2018 at 8:51 PM, William Prothero via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hermann:
> You are sooo DARN CREATIVE! I’m awed.
> Bill
>
> > On Oct 28, 2018, at 10:54 AM, hh via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > We already know that this is not possible by "ordinary" controls
> > because the browser widget has a native layer.
> > (Except we"bundle" your controls in a floating window.)
> >
> > But there is one way more (I use it for updating my Textedit
> > widget).
> >
> > Of course you can overlay a browser widget with a browser widget:
> >
> > Make using HTML/CSS a "Bar" (containing buttons etc.).
> > The HTML/CSS of that is pretty simple and changeable without deep
> > knowledge of HTML or CSS.
> > You get a clickCallback via a javaScriptHandler and can simply use
> > the scripts of your LCS objects from that javaScriptHandler.
> >
> > I made a simple example stack with 6 rounded buttons here, may be
> > I'll update it from time to time:
> >
> > http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?p=172729#p172729

Re: Will it ever be possible place controls over browser widget?

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
> Tom G. wrote:
> ...just out of curiosity....is it just on my system ? or the right click
> grab of the widget doesn't work?

Sorry, I wrote this while updating my TextEdit widget (which will allow to
grab the widget). But the browser widget doesn't pass "mouseDown", so the
mouseDown handler here is not usable.
But you could use, for example, the "ControlHandles" approach for dragging
(see "Sample Stacks").