Re: a bottle of kennie to the first one that finds where the CGI engines went...

Re: a bottle of kennie to the first one that finds where the CGI engines went...

J. Landman Gay
On 6/12/05 9:37 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:

> I am looking for the console one, or any console engine, no matter if it
> is Linux or MacOS X, just one that Database works.... mine is refusing
> even to RevSetDatabaseDriverPath...

The last version of the OS X Darwin engine that I know of was created a
year ago. It is here:

<http://www.runrev.com/downloads/engines/2.1.2/cgi/osx.zip>

I can't remember if it has the database drivers in it, but I think so.

Re: a bottle of kennie to the first one that finds where the CGI engines went...

Mark Waddingham
Hi Andre,

The latest 2.6 linux engine (engine version 2.6.5) should work fine as a
CGI engine. It has both the revXML and revDB externals compiled in - but
not the drivers.

As I recall, the first (non-CGI) engine version to have these externals
compiled in on Linux was 2.6.1 so that could be why you are having
trouble with 2.6 (engine version) engine.

You need to use revSetDatabaseDriverPath (or revdb_setdriverpath) to
point to the directory containing the database drivers before you try
and open a database connection.

The engine only attempts to load GTK when you do set the look and feel
to appearance manager so this shouldn't cause a problem.

Also doing:
  #! <path to revolution> -ui
will ensure that the engine never tries to do any gui stuff (and makes
standard input and output work as you would expect of a command-line
engine).

Hope this helps,

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

Re: a bottle of kennie to the first one that finds where theCGIengines went...

jbv-2

> As I recall, the first (non-CGI) engine version to have these externals
> compiled in on Linux was 2.6.1 so that could be why you are having
> trouble with 2.6 (engine version) engine.

it was actually the 2.5, the one I'm using.

Jb

Re: a bottle of kennie to the first one that finds wheretheCGIengines went...

jbv-2

Andre,

Here's the (simple) code I'm using in every script :

        put "/usr/local/bin/" into path
        revSetDatabaseDriverPath path

JB