Re: iOS 12 compatibility (panagiotis merakos)

Re: iOS 12 compatibility (panagiotis merakos)

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
Based on the fact that my apps are still crashing on load in iOS 12
beta 4 (16A5327f) I can only assume that Fortnite was NOT written in
Livecode ;)

--Andrew Bell

> From: panagiotis merakos <[hidden email]>
> To: How to use LiveCode <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: iOS 12 compatibility
>
> BTW Fortnite app seems to have suffered from a similar problem on iOS 12,
> and a user on Reddit said that this was fixed on iOS 12 beta 4. Fingers
> crossed :)
>
> Best,
> Panos
> --
>
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 8:37 AM, panagiotis merakos <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> iOS 12 beta 4 is out today. I will install it on our test device and have
>> a play tomorrow. If anyone tries it sooner, please post your results here :)
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Panos

Re: iOS 12 compatibility (panagiotis merakos)

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
Thanks Andrew. I just upgraded the test device to iOS 12 beta 4 and I
confirm apps still crash on startup. Sigh :(

Best,
Panos
--

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 6:28 PM, Andrew Bell via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Based on the fact that my apps are still crashing on load in iOS 12 beta 4
> (16A5327f) I can only assume that Fortnite was NOT written in Livecode ;)
>
> --Andrew Bell
>

> From: panagiotis merakos <[hidden email]>
>> To: How to use LiveCode <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Re: iOS 12 compatibility
>>
>> BTW Fortnite app seems to have suffered from a similar problem on iOS 12,
>> and a user on Reddit said that this was fixed on iOS 12 beta 4. Fingers
>> crossed :)
>>
>> Best,
>> Panos
>> --
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 8:37 AM, panagiotis merakos <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> iOS 12 beta 4 is out today. I will install it on our test device and have
>>> a play tomorrow. If anyone tries it sooner, please post your results
>>> here :)
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Panos

Re: iOS 12 compatibility (panagiotis merakos)

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
Hi all,

It seems the crash is related to screen updates, and adding this to the
preopenstack handler prevents the app from crashing:

<set the acceleratedRendering of this stack to true>

Could you please confirm?

Best,
Panos
--

PS: We are still investigating.

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 9:51 AM, panagiotis merakos <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thanks Andrew. I just upgraded the test device to iOS 12 beta 4 and I
> confirm apps still crash on startup. Sigh :(
>
> Best,
> Panos
> --
>
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 6:28 PM, Andrew Bell via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Based on the fact that my apps are still crashing on load in iOS 12 beta
>> 4 (16A5327f) I can only assume that Fortnite was NOT written in Livecode ;)
>>
>> --Andrew Bell
>>

>> From: panagiotis merakos <[hidden email]>
>>> To: How to use LiveCode <[hidden email]>
>>> Subject: Re: iOS 12 compatibility
>>>
>>> BTW Fortnite app seems to have suffered from a similar problem on iOS 12,
>>> and a user on Reddit said that this was fixed on iOS 12 beta 4. Fingers
>>> crossed :)
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Panos
>>> --
>>>
>>> On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 8:37 AM, panagiotis merakos <[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,

Re: iOS 12 compatibility (panagiotis merakos)

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
From 9.0.1 (rc 1) I can get an app to run on iOS 12, with the acceleratedRendering set to true.