Release 9.0.0 DP7 / SVG / The book of the film of the poem
> Many thanks for your assistance!
Glad to help! but SVG file format inherent problems
will remain problematic for some time to come:
“Wouldn’t that be neat” idea that someone threw
in without much thought about the security
consequences. It makes SVG inherently riskier
than other image formats."
By the way, How many different SVG file versions
already exists? At least 30 or 40 (maybe more) and
the only software that renders correctly most of them
is Google Chrome...
Looks like every Design software produces 3 or 4
(maybe more) different SVG versions... and if you
try to open a SVG produced in one Design program
using another Design program, the results are mostly
problematic and sometimes, the same Design program
that exported a SVG file could not open it correctly again...
Previously, in this mail list, we have discussed about
these (and others) SVG problems so it's not necessary
to repeat ourselves again. Now, I am taking a close look
at Xara 365 (Low cost program) and Microsoft Design
Expression (Free) to create WIX and XAML files compatible
with LiveCode vector graphics.
> I tried to write a script to adapt some of the SVG files
> at hand according to your instructions but that got me
> into a lot of offset problems and the widget ran into
> a lot of “exceeds boundary “ or something similar in
> rendering. I have written “translation scripts” for 30 years
> now but this one is a bit fickle.
When I changed the code to import correctly
one particular SVG file, scripts breaks for
the rest of SVG files and a closer look at the
SVG source does not reveal why this happens.
After some though, I reach the conclusion that
using XAML (a Microsoft format) or WIX (Xara Text format)
would be less stressful and more productive
for LiveCode developers.
> But for the sake of letting everybody know: the solution
> of SVG rendering strokes combined with RGB fills of
> Alejandro below works. I must admit that it helped that
> he had already pinpointed the RGB ones with a stroke
> (sound like a disease doesn’t it).
For this, just use a text editor like NotePad ++
This Text Editor could find a string in all files
within a folder. This is very useful to find paths
with a fill and a stroke within your thousands of
> Duplicating the lines manually and replacing with
> “fill:none” did the trick: The SVG then renders
> exactly as in Illustrator and in Affinity Designer.
> maybe one of the authors of the widget has an idea
> on how to bypass this/implement it in the LCB code.