Release 9.5.1 RC-1

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Release 9.5.1 RC-1

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
Dear list members,

We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 9.5.1 RC-1.


Getting the Release
===================
You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/ or via
the automatic updater.


Release Contents
================
LiveCode 9.5.1 RC-1 comes with more than 20 bugfixes, including corrections
and enhancements in dozens of Dictionary entries.
Also, the long standing crash-when-debugging issue, originally fixed in
9.0.5, is now fixed in 9.5.1 RC-1 as well.

Note that support for building with Xcode 11.1 was originally planned for
this release. However, because of some changes in the iOS 13 SDK (Apple has
removed the MPMoviePlayerController that was used by our iOS player), we
had to refactor our iOS player implementation. Due to the invasiveness of
this change, it was deemed outside the remit of a maintenance release and
thus support for Xcode 11+ will appear in 9.6 - the first dp of which will
appear shortly.

In any case, note that you do NOT need to build your standalone with Xcode
11+ to support deployment to iOS 13+ devices. You can still use Xcode 10.1
to build the standalone app, and it will continue to run on iOS 13+
devices.


Known issues
================
- The Browser widget's native layer is not shown in some Linux distros with
Cinnamon window manager.
- The use of the Browser widget is not supported on Ubuntu 18.04+ 64 bit
LTS yet.

The full release notes are available from:

http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/9_5_1/LiveCodeNotes-9_5_1_rc_1.pdf


Feedback
========
Please report any bugs encountered on our BugZilla at
http://quality.livecode.com/

We have a forum available for discussing LiveCode Builder at
http://forums.livecode.com/viewforum.php?f=93

Have fun!
The LiveCode Team


--
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Release 9.5.1 RC-1

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
I'm a bit confused about the booleans. This seems to indicate that true <> "true". I've been sloppy in my code, so I may have to go through and find every instance of a boolean and decide how I want to treat it. Also, how will this affect database operations? "true" in a column is a string. true in a column is an integer or bool.

Bob S


> On Nov 1, 2019, at 07:08 , panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear list members,
>
> We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 9.5.1 RC-1.
>
>
> Getting the Release
> ===================
> You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/ or via
> the automatic updater.
>
>
> Release Contents
> ================
> LiveCode 9.5.1 RC-1 comes with more than 20 bugfixes, including corrections
> and enhancements in dozens of Dictionary entries.
> Also, the long standing crash-when-debugging issue, originally fixed in
> 9.0.5, is now fixed in 9.5.1 RC-1 as well.


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Release 9.5.1 RC-1

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
Congratulations.

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019, 5:08 PM Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm a bit confused about the booleans. This seems to indicate that true <>
> "true". I've been sloppy in my code, so I may have to go through and find
> every instance of a boolean and decide how I want to treat it. Also, how
> will this affect database operations? "true" in a column is a string. true
> in a column is an integer or bool.
>
> Bob S
>
>
> > On Nov 1, 2019, at 07:08 , panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Dear list members,
> >
> > We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 9.5.1 RC-1.
> >
> >
> > Getting the Release
> > ===================
> > You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/ or
> via
> > the automatic updater.
> >
> >
> > Release Contents
> > ================
> > LiveCode 9.5.1 RC-1 comes with more than 20 bugfixes, including
> corrections
> > and enhancements in dozens of Dictionary entries.
> > Also, the long standing crash-when-debugging issue, originally fixed in
> > 9.0.5, is now fixed in 9.5.1 RC-1 as well.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Release 9.5.1 RC-1

Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
Ok i'm surprised, as i looked yesterday the milestone was at about 55%. So i did not expect this release. Thanks!

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <[hidden email]> schreef op 1 november 2019 16:38:39 CET:

>Congratulations.
>
>On Fri, Nov 1, 2019, 5:08 PM Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <
>[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I'm a bit confused about the booleans. This seems to indicate that
>true <>
>> "true". I've been sloppy in my code, so I may have to go through and
>find
>> every instance of a boolean and decide how I want to treat it. Also,
>how
>> will this affect database operations? "true" in a column is a string.
>true
>> in a column is an integer or bool.
>>
>> Bob S
>>
>>
>> > On Nov 1, 2019, at 07:08 , panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Dear list members,
>> >
>> > We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 9.5.1 RC-1.
>> >
>> >
>> > Getting the Release
>> > ===================
>> > You can get the release at https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/
>or
>> via
>> > the automatic updater.
>> >
>> >
>> > Release Contents
>> > ================
>> > LiveCode 9.5.1 RC-1 comes with more than 20 bugfixes, including
>> corrections
>> > and enhancements in dozens of Dictionary entries.
>> > Also, the long standing crash-when-debugging issue, originally
>fixed in
>> > 9.0.5, is now fixed in 9.5.1 RC-1 as well.
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> use-livecode mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
>> subscription preferences:
>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>>
>_______________________________________________
>use-livecode mailing list
>[hidden email]
>Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
>subscription preferences:
>http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode

--
Verstuurd vanaf mijn Android apparaat met K-9 Mail.
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode