Reloading script-only stacks

dunbarx via use-livecode
With version control, switching branches switches out SoS files. Is it best/necessary to then run through the stackfiles and set the destroystack of each to true and close/reopen them? Or is there a better way?

gc

Re: Reloading script-only stacks

dunbarx via use-livecode
Check with Trevor - in Levure he waits for a signal on a port that ST sends
when there is a save and then magically reloads.

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 3:29 PM, Geoff Canyon via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> With version control, switching branches switches out SoS files. Is it
> best/necessary to then run through the stackfiles and set the destroystack
> of each to true and close/reopen them? Or is there a better way?
>
> gc

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: Reloading script-only stacks

dunbarx via use-livecode
It’s always going to be safest to close LiveCode, checkout a different branch and then reopen LiveCode but just like people setup stuff so they can use external code editors you could add a git hook that notified the IDE that the worktree had changed and to reload things.

> On 27 Jan 2018, at 7:29 am, Geoff Canyon via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> With version control, switching branches switches out SoS files. Is it best/necessary to then run through the stackfiles and set the destroystack of each to true and close/reopen them? Or is there a better way?

Re: Reloading script-only stacks

dunbarx via use-livecode
oooh.  I didn't think of doing that with git...

On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 6:13 PM, Monte Goulding via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> It’s always going to be safest to close LiveCode, checkout a different
> branch and then reopen LiveCode but just like people setup stuff so they
> can use external code editors you could add a git hook that notified the
> IDE that the worktree had changed and to reload things.
>
> > On 27 Jan 2018, at 7:29 am, Geoff Canyon via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > With version control, switching branches switches out SoS files. Is it
> best/necessary to then run through the stackfiles and set the destroystack
> of each to true and close/reopen them? Or is there a better way?

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: Reloading script-only stacks

dunbarx via use-livecode
On Sat, Jan 27, 2018 at 10:17 AM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Check with Trevor - in Levure he waits for a signal on a port that ST sends
> when there is a save and then magically reloads.

The way the Levure/SublimeText integration works is as follows:

- If the LiveCode language plugin for Sublime Text is installed a Sublime
Text project can be configured to send a notification over a local port
every time a LiveCode file is saved in Sublime Text. The notification
includes the stack name as well as the stack file path.
- A plugin running in LiveCode listens for notifications on the local port.
When a notification is received the plugin checks to see if a stack with a
matching name and file path is loaded in memory. If it is then the stack
script is reloaded.

--
Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps