Resize label boundin 3d box

Bob Hartley
Hi All
I have a button with the following script that changes the details of a label.

on mouseUp
  set the text of field CustomLabel to field LabelNewName
  set the textsize of field CustomLabel to field LabelNewTextsize
  set the height of field CustomLabel to field LabelNewHeight
  set the width of field CustomLabel to field LabelNewWidth
end mouseUp

As you can see it is resizeing the label font and heigh/width. However the 3D
box only surrounds the text. I would like the 3D label box to be resizeable
(for uniformity) to the heigt/width and  not just surround the text, then I can
incorporate an alignment section into the script.

I cant find anything in the doc's or on the google search-list that fits the
bill.

Anyone know how to make the bounding box bigger than the text? IE the size of
the labelbox?

All the best
bob

Re: Resize label boundin 3d box

masmit
If you want a big label field with the text centered both horizontally
and vertically, it might be easier to experiment with using a button.

Mark

On 8 Jul 2005, at 09:40, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi All
> I have a button with the following script that changes the details of
> a label.
>
> on mouseUp
>   set the text of field CustomLabel to field LabelNewName
>   set the textsize of field CustomLabel to field LabelNewTextsize
>   set the height of field CustomLabel to field LabelNewHeight
>   set the width of field CustomLabel to field LabelNewWidth
> end mouseUp
>
> As you can see it is resizeing the label font and heigh/width. However
> the 3D
> box only surrounds the text. I would like the 3D label box to be
> resizeable
> (for uniformity) to the heigt/width and  not just surround the text,
> then I can
> incorporate an alignment section into the script.
>
> I cant find anything in the doc's or on the google search-list that
> fits the
> bill.
>
> Anyone know how to make the bounding box bigger than the text? IE the
> size of
> the labelbox?
>
> All the best
> bob

Re: Resize label boundin 3d box

Eric Chatonet

If I understand correctly, you could have a look at 2 properties:
margins (to specify the distance between the text and the edges of
any field) and formattedWidth (to set the width of a field according
to its content).

Le 8 juil. 05 à 10:40, [hidden email] a écrit :

> Hi All
> I have a button with the following script that changes the details
> of a label.
>
> on mouseUp
>   set the text of field CustomLabel to field LabelNewName
>   set the textsize of field CustomLabel to field LabelNewTextsize
>   set the height of field CustomLabel to field LabelNewHeight
>   set the width of field CustomLabel to field LabelNewWidth
> end mouseUp
>
> As you can see it is resizeing the label font and heigh/width.
> However the 3D
> box only surrounds the text. I would like the 3D label box to be
> resizeable
> (for uniformity) to the heigt/width and  not just surround the
> text, then I can
> incorporate an alignment section into the script.
>
> I cant find anything in the doc's or on the google search-list that
> fits the
> bill.
>
> Anyone know how to make the bounding box bigger than the text? IE
> the size of
> the labelbox?

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software

Re: Resize label boundin 3d box

Bob Hartley
Quoting Mark Smith <[hidden email]>:

Hi Mark

> If you want a big label field with the text centered both horizontally
> and vertically, it might be easier to experiment with using a button.

Yes this is exactly what I am going to do. I'll us eone for the label and a
plain button for a 3D label.

Cheers
Bob