ResizeStack help, please

Jon-3
I have a handler in my Stack that displays an image.  In order to get
the size of the image right, I have some special code to do the
scaling.  In order to keep the image looking right when the user resizes
the card/stack, I wrote a ResizeStack handler and put the image scaling
code in the ResizeStack handler.

First confusion.  The name of the handler is ResizeStack, but it doesn't
seem to work when it is put in the Stack. The documentation says that
the message is sent to the Card, not the Stack, so I moved the handler
to the Card, but it still is not called.

Does it matter where the ResizeStack handler is located?   This is more
confusing than one would hope it would be.

Jon

Re: ResizeStack help, please

xbury.cs
Jon

I can confirm that resizestack works in cards, backgrounds or stacks and
even frontscripts (just be careful debuging them)...

im sure the error is elsewhere

cheers
Xavier

On 13.07.2005 15:11:37 use-revolution-bounces wrote:

>I have a handler in my Stack that displays an image.  In order to get
>the size of the image right, I have some special code to do the
>scaling.  In order to keep the image looking right when the user resizes
>the card/stack, I wrote a ResizeStack handler and put the image scaling
>code in the ResizeStack handler.
>
>First confusion.  The name of the handler is ResizeStack, but it doesn't
>seem to work when it is put in the Stack. The documentation says that
>the message is sent to the Card, not the Stack, so I moved the handler
>to the Card, but it still is not called.
>
>Does it matter where the ResizeStack handler is located?   This is more
>confusing than one would hope it would be.
>
>Jon

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically
states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of
its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER

Re: ResizeStack help, please

Eric Chatonet
Hi Jon,

According to the message path hierarchy, a message sent to any card
*always* goes on to the stack script if it is not triggered there.
May be I don't understand correctly but could you confuse the engine
by naming your own messages as system ones?
You have to pass the resizeStack message too and if there is some
geometry set with the geometry manager add a revUpdateGeometry
command line in your resizeStack handler.
May be my tutorial about resizing could help you?

Le 13 juil. 05 à 15:11, Jon a écrit :

> I have a handler in my Stack that displays an image.  In order to
> get the size of the image right, I have some special code to do the
> scaling.  In order to keep the image looking right when the user
> resizes the card/stack, I wrote a ResizeStack handler and put the
> image scaling code in the ResizeStack handler.
>
> First confusion.  The name of the handler is ResizeStack, but it
> doesn't seem to work when it is put in the Stack. The documentation
> says that the message is sent to the Card, not the Stack, so I
> moved the handler to the Card, but it still is not called.
>
> Does it matter where the ResizeStack handler is located?   This is
> more confusing than one would hope it would be.

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software

Re: ResizeStack help, please

Jon-3
Eric:

Thanks for the help.

First off, I'm not smart enough to "name my own messages", so that's
right out <grin>!

I fiddled and I fiddled and after a while it just started working.  I
have no idea what I did to make it work.  I was using a beta version of
Constellation at one point, and then switched back to the Rev editors,
but it is all a huge blur at this point.

The good news: it works now.  The bad news: I have no idea what went wrong.

Oh, well.  Sigh.  Life goes on.

:)

Jon