Restrict navigation in browser widget

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
I am currently preparing the coursework for next years classes in programming. Working with the browser widget, I am trying to restrict navigation in a a widget to a specific domain, but have run into a problem I can not get my head around. I use the browserNavigateBegin message to capture the url that the widget tries to navigate to. This works fine if I make a direct comparison of the parameter pUrl and a specific target url. (ex. pURL = "http://vg.no <http://vg.no/>"). If I try to make a comparison of pUrl to the first part of a specific domain, it fails. (ex. pUrl begins with “http://vg.no <http://vg.no/>”) I have checked to see if “begins with” works outside of the browser widget, and it does. I also find it intriguing that I can set the url of the widget, but I can not get it. How do others restrict navigation in a browser widget?

Regard
Tore Nilsen

Re: Restrict navigation in browser widget

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
The following works here.

on browserNavigateBegin pUrl
  put the URL of widget "browser" into uri
  put pURL &cr& uri &cr & (uri begins with "http://livecode.com")
end browserNavigateBegin

Possibly your URL conflicts with the standards-compliant URL?