Retroactive background behavior

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
As I recall there is a method of retroactively creating a button with background behavior, this is appears on all existing cards.

How is my recollection?

Jim Hurley

Re: Retroactive background behavior

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
Hi.

You cannot make a button with backGround behavior, only a group. And even with a group, you would have to place it on all cards explicitly if you had not created that backGround group at the beginning. The automatic placement of a group on new cards has to be in place before those new cards are created.

Craig Newman

As I recall there is a method of retroactively creating a button with background behavior, this is appears on all existing cards.

How is my recollection?

Jim Hurley

Re: Retroactive background behavior

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 9:23 AM, Jim Hurley via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> As I recall there is a method of retroactively creating a button with
> background behavior, this is appears on all existing cards.

My understanding is that only a group can do that, not a button

repeat with i = 1 to the number of cards in this stack

if there is group snoozle on cd i of this stack then

else

place group snoozle onto cd i of this stack

end if

end repeat

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.