RevCursor and RevVariableWatcher fixes

MisterX
Hi everyone

Tired with the design of the revVariableWatcher (VW), went in and fixed the
problems of this stacks including the bugzillas I posted for them. Took
exactly 10 minutes!

Fixes include:
- Position of the splitters (awful, inpractical - always requiring a manual
fix when you open VW)
- Scrolling of the 3 fields not synchronized or wouldn't work with
scrollwheel (the 2 rightmost fields mostly)
- The cursors' hotspot position which in windows is at 1,1 instead of 10,10
(the same with other cursors). This is not an issue on Macs it seems...

These were the most annoying so there you go.

The two stacks involved are the

../revolution/components/global environment/revcursors.rev
../revolution/components/global environment/revvariablewatcher.rev

You can download both at

http://monsieurx.com/hyper/rev/revcursors.rev (82KBs)
http://monsieurx.com/hyper/rev/revvariablewatcher.rev (12KBs)

Just replace them in your installation folder in their respective folders
(might be a good idea to make a backup of these stacks before replacing
them).

Hoping it makes your rev work more pleasant...

cheers
Xavier
http://monsieurx.com/taoo

RE: RevCursor and RevVariableWatcher fixes

MisterX
Oh yes...

I just added a fix so now you can watch your globals in non-debugging mode
Fixed the array display splitter position
Removed the lines that shouldn't be there in the scrollbardrag statements of
the array display fields.
Improved the looks of the horizontal lines (was also missing the array
fields).

That was a bit more involved.

The next release will also differentiate locals from globals and offer the
possibility to edit those keys or their values, add or remove keys.

So there you have it... a newer and better and improved RevVariableWatcher
done in 30 minutes.

It's hard to believe that Rev didn't have half an hour to spend on this
little stack to make its quality finished. Something I communicated long ago
to rev and to which I posted the bugzillas (takes less time to fix their
stuff than post the bugzilla in this point of view).

These features I had in my Script Editor X for MC 2.5 three years ago...

cheers
Xavier

I said

> It's hard to believe that Rev didn't have half an hour to
> spend on this little stack to make its quality finished.
> Something I communicated long ago to rev and to which I
> posted the bugzillas (takes less time to fix their stuff than
> post the bugzilla in this point of view).

sorry for the rant...

My position is that since we use the script editor and it's associated tools
lots, they should be the most perfect part of rev. As it is on
"windows" it's far from perfect.

I know rev works on fixes a lot but they do not seem to take the windows
platform seriously and it shows. If they used the windows platform to
develop their GUI, im sure they would be confronted to lots of bugzillas mac
users never see.

Likewise, when their pc-made developments would be ported to XP or OSX, they
would see that "cross-platform" is a very loose word in rev. This has been
discussed in length before when stacks cross platforms and don’t show at all
as you expected.

Not having a Mac to test this (other than an old 8500 that only runs MacOS9)
I rely on the user's comments to see how my applications fare in their
screens.

I see Rev is doing something like that. Waiting for the PC users to fall on
these issues, report them to bugzilla and hopefully have time resources to
fix them. There's priorities we know but what rev doesn't see is the time
users "waste" on annoying things like the splitters in the revVW each time
we call it to check on things... Over the long term these Issues are an
amazing loss of time and concentration. Multiplied by the number of users
and occurences, im sure this hour I spent on this improvements and telling
you about it is well worth the effort.

I took also care of filling in the bugzillas with the news, urls and
informing the right person about it.

See no rant just a good thing! ;)

cheers
Xavier