RevZilla Reminder re: 2.7 Release

Ken Ray
For those of you who have used RevZilla, keep in mind that with version 2.7
now out, you will have that choice automatically in the "Version" popup of
the "Post a Bug" screen, but it will not default to 2.7 unless you go to the
"Options" tab and change the value in the "Default Version" field to "2.7".

Also, check the bugs you've voted on (go to the "Voting" tab and click "Show
Items I Have Voted On"). If any of the bugs you voted on have been closed,
resolved, or verified, you'll get a dialog box letting you know that. Click
"Yes" to see them in the list. Click the "State" column to sort by the state
of the bug, and then for each bug marked "RESO" or "CLOS", select the bug
and choose "Remove My Votes From This Item" in the action menu in the
lower-left corner of the window. This will allow you to recover your votes
and re-apply them to new bugs. :-)

(NOTE: I will make it easier to recover the votes from multiple bugs for a
future version of RevZilla so you don't have to do them one at a time...)

And for those of you who *haven't* tried RevZilla, you can download it at:

  http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/downloads/RevZilla2.htm

Thanks for listening!

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: [hidden email]

RE: RevZilla Reminder re: 2.7 Release

MisterX
Hi Ken

> For those of you who have used RevZilla, keep in mind that
> with version 2.7 now out, you will have that choice
> automatically in the "Version" popup of the "Post a Bug"
> screen, but it will not default to 2.7 unless you go to the
> "Options" tab and change the value in the "Default Version"
> field to "2.7".

I was amazed at this feature.

> Also, check the bugs you've voted on (go to the "Voting" tab
> and click "Show Items I Have Voted On"). If any of the bugs
> you voted on have been closed, resolved, or verified, you'll
> get a dialog box letting you know that. Click "Yes" to see
> them in the list. Click the "State" column to sort by the
> state of the bug, and then for each bug marked "RESO" or
> "CLOS", select the bug and choose "Remove My Votes From This
> Item" in the action menu in the lower-left corner of the
> window. This will allow you to recover your votes and
> re-apply them to new bugs. :-)

but I can't get my fixed bugs listed in my bugs.

my voted bugs tells me I have fixed bugs and when I tell it that I want to
see them, I never see them!

in bugzilla I have 18 bugs, in revzilla only 13 show up...

REOP is not shown... Granted in bugzilla when I voted and removed my bugs
they still show up in my bug list which RevZilla doesn't.

And then for my buglist, I can't see ALL my bugs (fixed for example) to
reopen one or the other...

well, then Rev just crashed badly... But there's an NTEvent!!!

cheers
Xavier

On 2/15/06 12:32 AM, "MisterX" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Ken
>
>> For those of you who have used RevZilla, keep in mind that
>> with version 2.7 now out, you will have that choice
>> automatically in the "Version" popup of the "Post a Bug"
>> screen, but it will not default to 2.7 unless you go to the
>> "Options" tab and change the value in the "Default Version"
>> field to "2.7".
>
> I was amazed at this feature.
>
>> Also, check the bugs you've voted on (go to the "Voting" tab
>> and click "Show Items I Have Voted On"). If any of the bugs
>> you voted on have been closed, resolved, or verified, you'll
>> get a dialog box letting you know that. Click "Yes" to see
>> them in the list. Click the "State" column to sort by the
>> state of the bug, and then for each bug marked "RESO" or
>> "CLOS", select the bug and choose "Remove My Votes From This
>> Item" in the action menu in the lower-left corner of the
>> window. This will allow you to recover your votes and
>> re-apply them to new bugs. :-)
>
> but I can't get my fixed bugs listed in my bugs.

If you hold down the option key, the button "Get My Bugs" changes to "Get
All of My Bugs" and will retrieve any bugs you submitted, regardless of
whether they were fixed or not.

> my voted bugs tells me I have fixed bugs and when I tell it that I want to
> see them, I never see them!

Is it possible that you have fixed bugs but that you didn't actually vote
for them? If so, then you wouldn't see them on the Voting tab (although you
might get the erroneous dialog telling you you have fixed bugs).

> in bugzilla I have 18 bugs, in revzilla only 13 show up...

Try option-clicking on the Get My Bugs button. ;-)

> REOP is not shown... Granted in bugzilla when I voted and removed my bugs
> they still show up in my bug list which RevZilla doesn't.

Try option-clicking on the Get My Bugs button.  :-)

> And then for my buglist, I can't see ALL my bugs (fixed for example) to
> reopen one or the other...

Try option-clicking on the Get My Bugs button.  :-D

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: [hidden email]

Re: RevZilla Reminder re: 2.7 Release

xavier.bury
Ken,

There is no "option" button on PCs...

But when i do alt-clik it retrieves 204 instead of 213 bugzillas so maybe
there's another issue ;)

cheers
---------------------=---------------------
Xavier Bury

[hidden email] wrote on 15.02.2006 17:01:48:

> On 2/15/06 12:32 AM, "MisterX" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Ken
> >
> >> For those of you who have used RevZilla, keep in mind that
> >> with version 2.7 now out, you will have that choice
> >> automatically in the "Version" popup of the "Post a Bug"
> >> screen, but it will not default to 2.7 unless you go to the
> >> "Options" tab and change the value in the "Default Version"
> >> field to "2.7".
> >
> > I was amazed at this feature.
> >
> >> Also, check the bugs you've voted on (go to the "Voting" tab
> >> and click "Show Items I Have Voted On"). If any of the bugs
> >> you voted on have been closed, resolved, or verified, you'll
> >> get a dialog box letting you know that. Click "Yes" to see
> >> them in the list. Click the "State" column to sort by the
> >> state of the bug, and then for each bug marked "RESO" or
> >> "CLOS", select the bug and choose "Remove My Votes From This
> >> Item" in the action menu in the lower-left corner of the
> >> window. This will allow you to recover your votes and
> >> re-apply them to new bugs. :-)
> >
> > but I can't get my fixed bugs listed in my bugs.
>
> If you hold down the option key, the button "Get My Bugs" changes to
"Get
> All of My Bugs" and will retrieve any bugs you submitted, regardless of
> whether they were fixed or not.
>
> > my voted bugs tells me I have fixed bugs and when I tell it that I
want to
> > see them, I never see them!
>
> Is it possible that you have fixed bugs but that you didn't actually
vote
> for them? If so, then you wouldn't see them on the Voting tab (although
you
> might get the erroneous dialog telling you you have fixed bugs).
>
> > in bugzilla I have 18 bugs, in revzilla only 13 show up...
>
> Try option-clicking on the Get My Bugs button. ;-)
>
> > REOP is not shown... Granted in bugzilla when I voted and removed my
bugs
> > they still show up in my bug list which RevZilla doesn't.
>
> Try option-clicking on the Get My Bugs button.  :-)
>
> > And then for my buglist, I can't see ALL my bugs (fixed for example)

> > reopen one or the other...
>
> Try option-clicking on the Get My Bugs button.  :-D
>

> Ken Ray
> Sons of Thunder Software
> Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
> Email: [hidden email]

To make communications with Clearstream easier, Clearstream has
recently changed the email address format to conform with industry
standards. The new format is '[hidden email]'.

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically
states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of
its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER

Re: RevZilla Reminder re: 2.7 Release

Ken Ray
On 2/16/06 12:57 AM, "[hidden email]"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ken,
>
> There is no "option" button on PCs...

Of course, but you know that 'option' on Mac is 'alt' on PC...

> But when i do alt-clik it retrieves 204 instead of 213 bugzillas so maybe
> there's another issue ;)

Well, take a look at the 9 bugs that aren't showing up in RevZilla by using
Bugzilla... is there anything in common with them? Let me know because it
may be an RZ bug that needs to be fixed.