Revolution RUMORS!

Mathewson
I assume that if RR really wanted to keep things absolutely
water-tight thay would have made sure that the RunRev
website was completely inaccessible.

I am also aware that incorrect rumours (such as that silly
one about a Microsoft takeover) can damage a compnay quite
badly.

My quote from part of the RunRev site which is entirely
accessible acted as a corrective to the silly Microsoft one
and acted as an advertisement for the new version of RR
that is almost upon us.

I love the 'mystery' surrounding rumours, and, presumably,
RR know very well that certain types of people enjoy
fossicking around for details of the mystery - and knowing
that have made sure that the details that are fossicked out
are accurate.

Now I wonder if I order my new copy of RR from Bulgaria
using my Bank of Scotland Mastercard if they can guarantee
postal delivery to this country?

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson
See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html

Re: Revolution RUMORS!

FlexibleLearning
>Common, any real rumors  people?

Sorry, X... I'm not a real person so any rumour is likely wind.  But you
never know what the wind will bring.

/H

Re: Revolution RUMORS!

Malte Brill
Thomas McGrath III wrote:

> I am curious about why would you share this?
> I would think that when Rev is ready to release their new info that
> they would prefer to do so on their own time.

Amen Tom!

[rant]
Why not set up a revRumors yahoo group? ;-)
That would be a good place for "Here Here I know something. Come look
at me and what I know HERE HERE" type of posts.
[/rant]

Malte

Re: Revolution RUMORS!

Stephen Barncard
So if I troll your personal website and I find a folder you forgot to
secure and wasn't linked to anything and it contained personal
information, you feel it's ok for me to disclose the info I find to
this list?

--
stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o

Re: Revolution RUMORS!

J. Landman Gay
Mathewson wrote:
> I assume that if RR really wanted to keep things absolutely
> water-tight thay would have made sure that the RunRev
> website was completely inaccessible.

Once again proving yourself untrustworthy and unethical. Do you also
break into other people's houses, just because you can? What's wrong
with you?

RE: Revolution RUMORS!

MisterX

a swift breeze I hope
to the revlands we rope
No storm will bug us
but boost good news up

1/X

Re: Revolution RUMORS!

Heather Laine
Dear list folks,

I regret that Richmond is back  on the moderated list - he won't be
able to post without approval.

Deliberately bypassing a password and then standing up and shouting
about it to the world seems to me just a little too much to swallow.
It's there for a reason...

Regards,

Heather

On 13 Feb 2006, at 18:00, [hidden email] wrote:

> Message: 9
> Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 12:06:43 -0500
> From: "Mathewson" <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Revolution RUMORS!
> To: [hidden email]
>
> I assume that if RR really wanted to keep things absolutely
> water-tight thay would have made sure that the RunRev
> website was completely inaccessible.
>
> I am also aware that incorrect rumours (such as that silly
> one about a Microsoft takeover) can damage a compnay quite
> badly.
>
> My quote from part of the RunRev site which is entirely
> accessible acted as a corrective to the silly Microsoft one
> and acted as an advertisement for the new version of RR
> that is almost upon us.
>
> I love the 'mystery' surrounding rumours, and, presumably,
> RR know very well that certain types of people enjoy
> fossicking around for details of the mystery - and knowing
> that have made sure that the details that are fossicked out
> are accurate.
>
> Now I wonder if I order my new copy of RR from Bulgaria
> using my Bank of Scotland Mastercard if they can guarantee
> postal delivery to this country?
>
> sincerely, Richmond Mathewson
Heather Nagey, Customer Support Manager
Runtime Revolution Ltd
www.runrev.com

Re: Revolution RUMORS!

Jerry Daniels
Bravo!

Best,

Jerry Daniels

5 Reasons 12 Top Rev Developers Use to Constellation!
http://daniels-mara.com/products/5reasons.htm

On Feb 13, 2006, at 1:32 PM, Heather Nagey wrote:

> Dear list folks,
>
> I regret that Richmond is back  on the moderated list - he won't be
> able to post without approval.
>
> Deliberately bypassing a password and then standing up and shouting
> about it to the world seems to me just a little too much to
> swallow. It's there for a reason...
>
> Regards,
>
> Heather

I just can't stop using it... (was rumours bla bla bla)

Andre Garzia
I Really don't want to enter this Rumour thread, but seeing Jerry
Daniels signature about 5 reasons to use Constellation, I decided to
ask if I could add one more reason to our basket.

Jerry, I simply love the CTRL+Enter hotkey to summon the editor or to
make it leave!!! It's so easy, edit, edit, edit... CTRL+ENTER, see if
it worked, invoke the editor back with all my tabs opened the way I
left it.

Don't know, just thought about saying that.

no use for rumours...

On Feb 13, 2006, at 5:40 PM, Jerry Daniels wrote:

> 5 Reasons 12 Top Rev Developers Use to Constellation!
> http://daniels-mara.com/products/5reasons.htm

Re: Quick-O RUMORS!

Klaus major-k
Hi friends,

thank you very much for making so much fuss about my little shareware!
I can see that you all are diying from suspense and therefore I will
now resolve the mistery!!!

YES, i uploaded an update for the wonderful application "Quick-O" today!

Now it reads version 1.1.

It is totally written in Transcript and makes heavy use of Trevor's
QuickTime external.
Use it to comfortably (batch-) convert images and extract frames form
quicktime movies.

What's new:
Now you see preview images in the list of movieframes instead of
simple and boring framenumbers.

Homepage english:
http://www.major-k.de/quick-oe.html

Info and screenshots:
http://www.major-k.de/quick-ooverviewe.html

Download URL english version:
http://www.major-k.de/quick-o/Quick-O.app.zip

Homepage german:
http://www.major-k.de/quick-o.html

Info and screenshots german:
http://www.major-k.de/quick-ooverview.html

Download URL german version:
http://www.major-k.de/quick-o/Quick-O_D.app.zip

:-)

Regards

Klaus Major
[hidden email]
http://www.major-k.de

Re: Revolution RUMORS!

Jonathan Lynch
Let's all just bear in mind that banning someone is an unfortunate act. This
is clearly something Heather did with reluctance, not with glee.

I am pretty sure Richmond's intentions were not evil. In fact, it would
appear that from his perspective, he was promoting RunRev's new features -
features that we are all likely to appreciate.

I am not saying it was wise for Richmond to tell us how to hack the RR site,
just that we should not be gleeful about making someone an outcast.

As one who frequently suffers from foot-in-mouth syndrome, but has the best
of intentions, I can tell you that being on the receiving end of group
hatred is very unpleasant.

Jonathan

On 2/13/06, Jerry Daniels <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bravo!
>
> Best,
>
> Jerry Daniels
>
> 5 Reasons 12 Top Rev Developers Use to Constellation!
> http://daniels-mara.com/products/5reasons.htm
>
> On Feb 13, 2006, at 1:32 PM, Heather Nagey wrote:
>
> > Dear list folks,
> >
> > I regret that Richmond is back  on the moderated list - he won't be
> > able to post without approval.
> >
> > Deliberately bypassing a password and then standing up and shouting
> > about it to the world seems to me just a little too much to
> > swallow. It's there for a reason...
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Heather

Re: Revolution RUMORS!

Mark Swindell
Jonathon,

Thank you for your kind and wise words.

Mark

On Feb 13, 2006, at 11:51 AM, Jonathan Lynch wrote:

> Let's all just bear in mind that banning someone is an unfortunate
> act. This
> is clearly something Heather did with reluctance, not with glee.
>
> I am pretty sure Richmond's intentions were not evil. In fact, it
> would
> appear that from his perspective, he was promoting RunRev's new
> features -
> features that we are all likely to appreciate.
>
> I am not saying it was wise for Richmond to tell us how to hack the
> RR site,
> just that we should not be gleeful about making someone an outcast.
>
> As one who frequently suffers from foot-in-mouth syndrome, but has
> the best
> of intentions, I can tell you that being on the receiving end of group
> hatred is very unpleasant.
>
> Jonathan

Re: Revolution RUMORS!

Jonathan Lynch wrote:
> I am pretty sure Richmond's intentions were not evil. In fact, it would
> appear that from his perspective, he was promoting RunRev's new features -
> features that we are all likely to appreciate.
>
> I am not saying it was wise for Richmond to tell us how to hack the RR site,
> just that we should not be gleeful about making someone an outcast.

I was hoping to avoid participating in this discussion here and this
will be my only post on the subject, but it's worth noting that there's
really no "hacking" going on here.  The problem is less with Richmond's
poor judgment than with the unconventional way RunRev is updating their
site:

All links coming into the site from Google and other search engines will
land the user on the new 404 page, which references still-proprietary
info for the public.

While I agree it would have been wiser for Richmond to post a note to
RunRev rather than here, I suspect a few hundred others have landed on
the 404 page from search engines over the weekend.

Posting a 404 page which had no proprietary info, along with a properly
set up htaccess file, could have avoided this.

  Managing Editor, revJournal

RE: Revolution RUMORS!

Scott Kane-3
Hi Charles,

Thanks for the restrained reply.  I had no idea of the scope for DC.
It also seems that I've allowed myself to become the victim of a
rather unpleasant fellow who posted something (and seems to
have a history of it) and sucked me in.

Again thanks, I'll be a little more careful when it comes to Richmond

Scott

Re: Revolution RUMORS!

David Burgun

All this could have been avoided if someone had thought to say that
the site would be down for a few days. Saying check again in a few
hours just makes people keep checking.

Also, I don't think that hitting the cancel keys a few times can
really be classed as "deliberately bypassing a password" and he as
far as I can see, he didn't stand up and shout about it either.
Posting it here was just telling "interested parties" that there was
a new version of RunRev on the way, something we would have found out
about anyway in the near future (one would hope!). I had just started
a new project and having the site down for a few days didn't really
fill me with confidence. RunRev Limited could have been filing for
bankruptcy as far as I knew. I was glad to see that all is well and
we will be getting a new version soon.

Also I wouldn't have bothered to look at the thread and see the
information if I hadn't of seen that someone had got bumped into the
"naughty corner" ! Once I saw that I knew there would be something
juicy at the end of it so took a closer look! Glad I did!

Of course this could all be some kind of publicity stunt and RunRev
and Richmond could be cahoots to fool us all into talking about it!
Wheels within Wheels within
Wheels.......................................

All the Best
Dave

On 13 Feb 2006, at 19:32, Heather Nagey wrote:

> Dear list folks,
>
> I regret that Richmond is back  on the moderated list - he won't be
> able to post without approval.
>
> Deliberately bypassing a password and then standing up and shouting
> about it to the world seems to me just a little too much to
> swallow. It's there for a reason...
>
> Regards,
>
> Heather
>
> On 13 Feb 2006, at 18:00, [hidden email]
> wrote:
>
>> Message: 9
>> Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 12:06:43 -0500
>> From: "Mathewson" <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Revolution RUMORS!
>> To: [hidden email]
>>
>> I assume that if RR really wanted to keep things absolutely
>> water-tight thay would have made sure that the RunRev
>> website was completely inaccessible.
>>
>> I am also aware that incorrect rumours (such as that silly
>> one about a Microsoft takeover) can damage a compnay quite
>> badly.
>>
>> My quote from part of the RunRev site which is entirely
>> accessible acted as a corrective to the silly Microsoft one
>> and acted as an advertisement for the new version of RR
>> that is almost upon us.
>>
>> I love the 'mystery' surrounding rumours, and, presumably,
>> RR know very well that certain types of people enjoy
>> fossicking around for details of the mystery - and knowing
>> that have made sure that the details that are fossicked out
>> are accurate.
>>
>> Now I wonder if I order my new copy of RR from Bulgaria
>> using my Bank of Scotland Mastercard if they can guarantee
>> postal delivery to this country?
>>
>> sincerely, Richmond Mathewson
> Heather Nagey, Customer Support Manager
> Runtime Revolution Ltd
> www.runrev.com

Re: Revolution RUMORS!

mwieder
Richard-

> I was hoping to avoid participating in this discussion here and this
> will be my only post on the subject, but it's worth noting that there's
> really no "hacking" going on here.  The problem is less with Richmond's
> poor judgment than with the unconventional way RunRev is updating their
> site:

I reluctantly have to agree with Richard on this. There's enough blame
and enough finger-pointing to go around, but in general it's bad form
to take down a web site for a few days with nothing but a 404 page
that says "come back in a few hours" and put up half-contructed new
pages that replace the ones that were previously there. Normally the
new content is constructed and the switch-over isn't done until it's
ready to go.

--
-Mark Wieder

 ahsoftware@gmail.com

Re: Revolution RUMORS!

Garrett Hylltun-2

On Feb 13, 2006, at 1:12 PM, David Burgun wrote:

[snip]

> Of course this could all be some kind of publicity stunt and RunRev
> and Richmond could be cahoots to fool us all into talking about it!
> Wheels within Wheels within
> Wheels.......................................

Oooo!  Wheels in the sky by Journey!  Rock on!

-Garrett

Re: Revolution RUMORS!

Kevin Miller
Hi Folks,

Well, as you are all probably very much aware by now, we do indeed have a
new release for you.  Unfortunately the office Internet has been on the
blink for a few hours, so we haven't been able to upload it.  You will need
to wait a bit longer.  In the mean time, I'd ask people to stop speculating
or digging around on the site, and wait patiently.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ [hidden email] ~ http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution - User-Centric Development Tools

Rendering Text

Wally Rodriguez
I have an solution that I'm trying to put together that will serve as
a slate generator for our video production company.

Basically a slate is a series of frames that count down (10 to 2)
that is placed just before a commercial. This slate has all the
information needed to identify a spot.

What I need to do is to use this sequence of images as a background
and render text on top based on information entered in various fields.

The roadblock I'm running into is the actual rendering of the text on
an image and then saving it.

It occurred to me that it could be relatively easy to do a screen
grab of the area, then rename that file and so forth, but I can't
figure out how to do this.

Ideally I would not have to depend on screen grabs and it would be
great to just generate the frames and save them internally.

I'm very new to RR so if anyone has any pointers on how to do this I
would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks!!

Wally

Re: Rendering Text

Sarah Reichelt-2
On 2/14/06, Wally Rodriguez <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have an solution that I'm trying to put together that will serve as
> a slate generator for our video production company.
>
> Basically a slate is a series of frames that count down (10 to 2)
> that is placed just before a commercial. This slate has all the
> information needed to identify a spot.
>
> What I need to do is to use this sequence of images as a background
> and render text on top based on information entered in various fields.
>
> The roadblock I'm running into is the actual rendering of the text on
> an image and then saving it.

Do you have to save the image + text as a separate file? If not, you
could just have transparent text fields positioned on top of the image
and fill them in as necessary.

Cheers,
Sarah