Revolution running on Ubuntu?

rev-4
Had anyone sucess running Revolution under Ubuntu Linux or
Debian?
Best Regards
Peter

------------------- Werbung -----------------------
>>  JETZT: AT-Domains Erst-Registrierung kostenlos!
und NUR EUR 16,00/Jahr  *   http://www.emerion.com

Re: Revolution running on Ubuntu?

Bob Warren
Dear Peter,

Here is a quote from what I said a few days back on the List:

As you know, Linux grows daily, not least of all here in Brazil. However,
until last week I had never found a Linux that worked 100%, so I stuck with
Windows. But the great revelation of last week was the discovery of the
Debian-based "Ubuntu" Linux, which is head and shoulders above the rest.
Yesterday, I installed a trial version of RunRev, which not only seemed to
work as well as the Windows version, but was even more beautiful! I was
overjoyed.

Since then, I haven't tested RR in any greater depth, but it looks OK.

Regards,
Bob

>from: [hidden email]

>Had anyone sucess running Revolution under Ubuntu Linux or
>Debian?
>Best Regards
>Peter

Re: Revolution running on Ubuntu?

Gordon Tillman
Peter I use Revolution with Ubuntu, no problem.  I you have any
questions feel free to contact me.

--gordon

On Aug 19, 2005, at 09:51, [hidden email] wrote:

> Had anyone sucess running Revolution under Ubuntu Linux or
> Debian?
> Best Regards
> Peter
>

> ------------------- Werbung -----------------------
>
>>>  JETZT: AT-Domains Erst-Registrierung kostenlos!
>>>
> und NUR EUR 16,00/Jahr  *   http://www.emerion.com

Re: Revolution running on Ubuntu?

Rishi Viner
Hi Peter,
I use Rev under Fedora and SuSE linux. Don't expect everything to run
'perfectly', but it will run very well. One 'gotcha' if you are running under
KDE: make sure you close "klipper" (clipboard tool) as it will interfere with
your cut/copy/paste ability in the script editor. There is a bug filed about
this problem, but you just have to work around it for now. Hope this helps.
Cheers,

Rishi Viner.

--
Rishi Viner
PUREDATA

www.puredata.com.au

Getting All the non grouped controls in a card

David Burgun
Hi All,

How can I get all the controls of a Card that are not in a Group?

repeat with myIndex = 1 to number of controls in card 1 of stack
"StackPath/StackName.rev"

seems to return all controls whether they are in a Group or not.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

All the Best
Dave

Re: Getting All the non grouped controls in a card

Eric Chatonet
Hi Dave,

repeat with myIndex = 1 to number of controls in card 1 of stack
"StackPath/StackName.rev"
   if word 1 of the owner of control myIndex of card 1 of stack
"StackPath/StackName.rev" = "group" then
     put the long ID of control myIndex of card 1 of stack "StackPath/
StackName.rev & cr after tGroupedControlsList
   end if
end repeat

Take care of carriage returns ;-)
Hope this helps.

Le 23 août 05 à 15:16, David Burgun a écrit :

> Hi All,
>
> How can I get all the controls of a Card that are not in a Group?
>
> repeat with myIndex = 1 to number of controls in card 1 of stack
> "StackPath/StackName.rev"
>
> seems to return all controls whether they are in a Group or not.
>
> Any pointers greatly appreciated.
>
> All the Best
> Dave

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software

Re: Getting All the non grouped controls in a card

Ken Ray
On 8/23/05 8:21 AM, "Eric Chatonet" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> repeat with myIndex = 1 to number of controls in card 1 of stack
> "StackPath/StackName.rev"
>    if word 1 of the owner of control myIndex of card 1 of stack
> "StackPath/StackName.rev" = "group" then
>      put the long ID of control myIndex of card 1 of stack "StackPath/
> StackName.rev & cr after tGroupedControlsList
>    end if
> end repeat

Actually, Eric, he was asking for those controls *not* in a group, but your
code works with one minor adjustment (and a name change):

repeat with myIndex = 1 to number of controls in card 1 of stack
"StackPath/StackName.rev"
   if word 1 of the owner of control myIndex of card 1 of stack
"StackPath/StackName.rev" <> "group" then
     put the long ID of control myIndex of card 1 of stack "StackPath/
StackName.rev & cr after tUnGroupedControlsList
   end if
end repeat

:-)

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: [hidden email]

Re: Getting All the non grouped controls in a card

Eric Chatonet
Hi Ken and Dave,

I just come back from holydays :-)
Absent-mindedness...
Bad English...
My apologies to Dave!
My thanks to Ken ;-)

Le 23 août 05 à 17:58, Ken Ray a écrit :

> On 8/23/05 8:21 AM, "Eric Chatonet"
> <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> repeat with myIndex = 1 to number of controls in card 1 of stack
>> "StackPath/StackName.rev"
>>    if word 1 of the owner of control myIndex of card 1 of stack
>> "StackPath/StackName.rev" = "group" then
>>      put the long ID of control myIndex of card 1 of stack
>> "StackPath/
>> StackName.rev & cr after tGroupedControlsList
>>    end if
>> end repeat
>>

> Actually, Eric, he was asking for those controls *not* in a group,
> but your
> code works with one minor adjustment (and a name change):
>
> repeat with myIndex = 1 to number of controls in card 1 of stack
> "StackPath/StackName.rev"
>    if word 1 of the owner of control myIndex of card 1 of stack
> "StackPath/StackName.rev" <> "group" then
>      put the long ID of control myIndex of card 1 of stack "StackPath/
> StackName.rev & cr after tUnGroupedControlsList
>    end if
> end repeat
>
> :-)
>
> Ken Ray
> Sons of Thunder Software
> Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
> Email: [hidden email]

RE: Getting All the non grouped controls in a card

MisterX

> Actually, Eric, he was asking for those controls *not* in a
> group, but your code works with one minor adjustment (and a
> name change):

Ken is right...

but in the "basic object address" form it's much easier to read...

put the long name of cd 1 of stack "StackPath/StackName.rev" into thiscd
put the number of controls in thiscd into controlcount

repeat with x = 1 to controlcount
  get the long name of the owner of control x of thiscd
  if it is not thiscd then
    put it & cr after controllist
    -- or
    put it into cdcontrols[x]
  end if
end repeat

and there more variations im sure ;)

just replace the long id|name for the id|name match ;)

Oh yes, all these types of things are already in GIM
since 2 months - available for the curious...

cheers
Xavier

http://monsieurx.com/taoo - 90% of your scripting is done...
isn't it time you started getting the application put together faster?