Rolling my own font menu

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
So I need to roll my own font menu for a project I'm working on. I'm using a simple stack that I open as a palette with a scrolling field which lists all the fonts. I open this font menu stack and the text stays selected in the field of the stack that I'm wanting to change the font of. But after I make my font selection and close the font stack, the text de-selects. So I'm storing the selectedChunk and re-selecting the text using that info, but of course you see the text de-select, then re-select. Is there a way to avoid this? Lock screen has no effect. Another way to deal with this?

Marty