Running LiveCode and Quicktime as virtual applications

Running LiveCode and Quicktime as virtual applications

Alejandro Tejada
Hi All,

I have been reading a lot about virtualization and creation of portable applications, but could not found a definite answer to this question.

Ken Ray published a portable player (StackRunner http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/downloads/StackRunner.htm) that uses either Apple's Quicktime or Quicktime alternative to play movies and sounds, but one of these have to be installed in the host system.

Could be possible to create a package portable of a Windows version of StackRunner (with Quicktime Alternative inside a subfolder) that could reproduce movies and sounds?

This probably means that StackRunner have to be "virtualized" too, but it's free, just like Quicktime Alternative.

Thanks in advance!

Al

Re: Running LiveCode and Quicktime as virtual applications

Alejandro Tejada
Eureka! Looks like it is possible to virtualise StackRunner with Quicktime:
http://www.seancrookston.com/2010/07/12/how-to-thinapp-quicktime/

Now, I just have to find a ThinInstall user who want to build this
package for testing.

Al

Re: Running LiveCode and Quicktime as virtual applications

Alejandro Tejada
Hi All,

Effectively, it is possible to create a portable application
that include StackRunner and Quicktime Alternative
to play Quicktime content within Livecode in a Windows
system WITHOUT an installation of Quicktime.
No Quicktime is the default state of most Windows computers
in computers labor
of the country where I live. )
This is a single 92 Mb executable file that loads StackRunner
and Quicktime Alternative in memory. I used the free version
of this software: http://www.evalaze.de/

The executable created with this software: http://www.cameyo.com/
does not open StackRunner, but the Quicktime Control Panel.
Probably, a developer in their forum could help me to configure
the launcher to run StackRunner instead of the Quicktime
Control Panel.

If you are interested in a download links for both files
(one working version created with evalaze, another
non working version created with cameyo)
drop me a line to my email: capellan2000@gmail.com

Have a nice weekend!

Al

Re: Running LiveCode and Quicktime as virtual applications

Alejandro Tejada
Hi All,

Thanks to the Cameyo forum users, now
there is a fix and a working version :-D
http://www.cameyo.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=569

Have a nice day!

Al

Re: Running LiveCode and Quicktime as virtual applications

Bernard Devlin-2
Alejandro, thanks for sharing this with us.  I'm sure it will come in
useful for me too.

Bernard

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Alejandro Tejada
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Thanks to the Cameyo forum users, now
> there is a fix and a working version :-D
> http://www.cameyo.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=569
>
> Have a nice day!
>
> Al

Re: Running LiveCode and Quicktime as virtual applications

Alejandro Tejada
Hi Bernard,

Bernard Devlin-2 wrote
Alejandro, thanks for sharing this with us.
I'm sure it will come in useful for me too.
I will send to your email the download link to
another 92 Mb executable file created with
evalaze. (http://www.evalaze.de/)

After running both versions, please tell us,
which version run faster in your
computers.

Al